Yet another Human! R x F oneshot

Requested: Yes/No

Type of Oneshot: Angst, fluff

Warnings: self-harm mention, blood, language.

Word count: 1,266

A/n: this is from another roleplay Whitecrystal346 and I did together

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fender was getting worried. Rodney hadn't come out of his room for a whole week now. His mind was going over a lot of scenarios, but he doesn't know which one is worse than the other. If anything, the Rusties were getting worried, too. They haven't seen him in a while, apart from when he went to eat something.

It's been a few days since Rodney didn't come out of his room. No, they didn't find him in the rotating rooms, but instead with doors. The more time comes by, the more the gang is scared. Fender is obviously worried.

He wanted to stand up from the couch. He wanted to barge in and demand an explanation from Rodney, about why he didn't come out to see him and the others. But if he did, then he might scare him even further than he thought. No, he has to see him now. But just a gentle approach.

Rodney was hoping that no one would hear him from underneath the blanket. He'd been too afraid to pull them into his problems, he'd thought about that as he rested under the blanket, the marks on his arms hidden under the fabric. Wonderbot rested beside his friend, worry, and heartbreak for him evident in his eyes

It almost made him scream when he felt someone caressed him, Rodney continued to shiver.

Fender stared down at him worried and devastated. He hadn't seen him in at least a week now since the defeat of Ratchet and Madame Gasket.

You could hear his shaky breaths, him having difficulty to breathe, Rodney is just so petrified.

Fender gently began to remove the blanket from Rodney's body, only for his hands to quickly grab it and pull it over himself completely, apart from his head.

He gasped softly gently turning around. "F...Fender? Is it you?"

Fender, without a reply to the blue-haired man, took the blanket again, but this time, Rodney wasn't able to stop him. His arms filled with cuts, old and new, were now finally shown for Fender to see.

"...Don't! Don't look at it," He said, trying to get the blanket, but failed.

No matter how hard he tried, he still couldn't get the blanket back from Fender. The latter still stared at the marks on his arms, registering the possible reasons behind them.

Rodney seriously became really anxious. He wanted to leave but he can't. He was stuck on the bed, his body refusing to move due to the fear in him. Rodney has no choice but to curl up even more as he started to sob uncontrollably.

Fender's heart broke to see him like this. He couldn't stand by and watch him be afraid of him hurting him like this

He's shivering and shaking. You could hear that he's trying to scream in pain with all those scars that pained him. Rodney is trying to take a deep breath when he felt a hand on his stomach. He looked up and noticed Fender staring down at him with sympathy and kindness. Rodney did look at him in a few seconds before his eyes start wandering off again. But at least he felt a bit better.

A few seconds later, a sharp sting came upon his arm. He hissed in pain before his eyes turned back to Fender.

"Don't touch it.." He hissed, the wounds hurt him.

But Fender didn't listen, even though he knew the wounds would hurt like hell. He kept on fixing up the cuts on his arms until they were no more than pink lines

Rodney stays quiet the whole progress. One thing he's grateful for Fender. One he felt angry at himself for not able to hide it.

Even when Fender had healed his wounds, his eyes still stayed on the ground. Despite him refusing to look at him, a hand gently took hold of his face and made him face his brown eyes

He could feel that tears start to form tears again, he sniffled while gently nuzzling his face to the hand.

Without anything else to say...Fender's lips connected with his own

Himself surprised by the kiss, but slowly he lets his guard down and enjoys this sweet kiss

He let the pain fade away from his arms, the wounds only a distant memory. For right now, a moment with Fender is all he needed.

He slowly pulled away then gently looked at Fender's eyes, "How do you know that I'm here?"

"The others figured you'd be here," Fender answered

"...I guess I'm bad at hiding," he chuckled softly but his smile faded when seeing Fender's expression. It was stern, yet worried about Rodney's well-being. He had never seen him like this before

"I can't tell you the reason about it, it's... ridiculous," He said softly

"You know I won't laugh."

"it's...just stress just...building up. I mean, I liked inventing, but...it's been a while since I'm with friends, family and...you," he said sadly. "I don't know how to tell Mr. Bigweld about this, not that I'm complaining, but I kept feelin' stress is all over the place."

Fender stayed quiet as he ranted for what seemed like hours. He sat on the bed by his side, his arm around him to hold him close. Occasionally, his hand would be stroking his other arm or petting his hair.

He sighed softly by the time he's done, he leaned against the pillow. "I wish I could take a rest .."

Fender smiled softly before hugging him close to him. "Then let's rest for a while..."

"..yeah," Rodney nodded, then gently hiding his face in Fender's chest.

Wonderbot, who had watched the two talk for the first time in a week, grabbed the blanket and placed it over the two before setting itself down on the bedside table.

He giggled softly as he patted Wonderbot's head, "Thank you."

The little bot squeaked in answer before yawning and closing itself up

Despite Fender was already sleeping, he's still wide awake, gently gripping the blanket. Rodney finds it uneasy to move. But the moment he looked at Fender's sleeping form, the dark thoughts and stress left his body in an instant once more. A soft smile formed on his lips

"Sorry if I always made you worried," The blue robot slowly stroking Fender's long hair.

"Nah, wasn't your fault. Stress always happen when we're working too hard. And wanna know how it goes away?"

"I...I don't know," He said doubtfully

A soft, tender kiss on the lips again was the answer for him.

Rodney felt that Fender is pulling closer to him as he pulled away "Mmh...idiot."

"But I'm your idiot." Fender smirked

Rodney playfully hit Fender. "Why do I deserve you..."

"Well, 'cause I'm handsome, maybe a bit of a klutz, but at least I know how to destress myself at times, and...I'm good at being with the people I care about more than anything."

He could feel his face heat up as he quickly covers his face with the blanket.

For some reason, Rodney kept on caressing Fender's cheek, seeing him nuzzled to his hand makes him smile. But sleep is starting to take over him. Eventually, darkness overtook his vision, but not before a soft smile appeared on his face.

Rodney finally fell into a deep slumber, he could feel someone touched his face, but he's too tired to look who it is. His wounds were no longer filled with pain, but just warmth and tenderness on his arms.

At least.. the wounds are not stinging him at the moment, he felt safe. For once.