(Chapter 24)

Ch'en sprinted forwards quickly drawing Chi Xiao attempted to slash him.

Another blade met her sword, as the lung furrowed her eyebrows recognising the figure.

She finally found that person. The one that drives her to become a powerful warrior in attempt to protect her one and only kin left.

Yet standing in her way was that person as well.

"Talulah!"

The draco knocks her back a few meters, flames shrouded on her body showing dominance. "About time you show up." Solomon sarcastically greeted his pawn.

"Apologies if i may be late. Had to deal with pests that kept bothering your plans."

The king of mages summoned a special sword. A sword that may always bring victory to wars from another world.

"Excalibur." He mumbled and the spirit origin slowly materialized in his hand.

The Kylin, along with Yuuji and Lucas got on their stance getting ready for an all out exchange.

"Leave these three to me."

"Your call."

!!!

The moment Talulah blinked. Ch'en was already back on her feet. "This time I'll stop you!" Ch'en started to go aggressive dealing blows with the draco. Even with that long blade the draco carries. Her strength thanks to Kaschey's lingering arts is still powering her up.

"Incinerate!"

"Cut through!"

In swift motion. Ch'en sheathed the red coated sword (not muramasa ik lol) then draws it at a perfect time dispelling the arts.

"What?" Talulah was surprised as Ch'en's specialized sword was giving her a hard time.

Talulah raised her left hand. Fire coursing through her veins, then slammed it down creating wall of flames blocking her path.

"Not this time!" Ch'en grits her teeth. The sword glowed in a crimson color unleashing arts.

!!!

Changing the grip into a dagger hold. The lung swipes a horizontal slash. Cutting it cleanly.

From her left hand. She pulls out her spare sword and attempt to wound her but.

*Clang*

The draco read her movements and caught her sharp blade at her hand, no wound, no blood gushing out.

"What?"

"Snap into a slim jim."

The blade shatters thanks to the heat and applied pressure, this made Ch'en lost her balance on the left leg and the draco kicked her in the chest sending the lung down to the ground.

"Guh!" Ch'en spat some blood off from her mouth and wipes it off. She didn't see that move of her sister was a feint earlier.

"Hah!" Running forward Talulah decided to create a ring fire imprisoning Ch'en around.

"Ahh!" She groaned to how hot it was. Sweat started to rain all over body.

"Bloom Flower of Frost!"

Flower made from ice formed at the ground as the flames slowly died dow. The investigator glanced back and saw FrostNova struggling to even stand up properly.

"Ch'en she needs medical attention!" Leizi yelled as they were having a hard time fending off Solomon.

"You really grew strong Lucas. But still not enough to surpass me."