Iruma's Other Side

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Sullivan POV

It's like any other peaceful morning, I wake up to have some Hell-Grey tea, and enjoy the sunshine, but something is off. Iruma did not come downstairs at the time he usually does. I bought him an alarm clock a long time ago, so there's no reason for him not to be downstairs already. Rimuru should be down soon as well, but she told me last night that she was sleeping for the first time this week so I don't blame her for sleeping in a little. I know Rimuru claims not to need sleep, but after spending all that time trying to find the culprit in that case involving Miss Azazel, I could tell she was quite worn out mentally.

Iruma, on the other hand, has never overslept. So, I decided to go wake him, since I don't want my precious grandson to be late for school or have to rush when getting ready. Opera follows me to his bedroom, also concerned about the boy.

I open the door to his bedroom, with Opera standing at my side.

"Good morning my precious nugget grandson! It's time for breakfast!" I call out cheerfully to Iruma, who still seems sound asleep in his bed.

There's a moment with no response before Iruma groans reluctantly.

"Shush!" he grumbles, catching me off-guard.

"Wha-?"

"Ugh...you heard me...you're so loud you old geezer, I said shut it!" Iruma snarls at me, his normally warm, friendly blue eyes glaring at me coldly.

I'm so startled by this that I end up dropping my cup of tea, causing it to shatter and spill all over the floor at my feet.

I look at Opera, not sure if what I heard actually came out of my grandson's mouth.

Maybe I was just hearing things? There's no way my Iruma would say something like that to me!

Much to my dismay, Opera looks just as shocked as I do, in his own way of course. He's not the most expressive demon, but I know how to read him well and I can tell he's completely shaken by what just happened.

Iruma stands up and shoves past the both of us standing in the doorway since we're both frozen in surprise right now. I don't even try to stop the boy, instead, I'm focusing on the storm of emotions I'm feeling right now.

What happened to him?! He was fine just last night, how could he possibly end up like this?! What should I do?!

"Calm down, Lord Sullivan," Opera says, placing one hand on my shoulder.

"B-but...wh-what happened to h-him?!"

"I do not know, but we must figure it out. Perhaps Rimuru has some insight...as reluctant as I am to ask her..."

"Y-yes, Rimuru! She might know!" I say, realizing what I need to do.

Even if she doesn't, she's immensely powerful so maybe she can figure out what has happened!

So, I rush across the hallway to Rimuru's bedroom, almost certain that she will be able to help in some way.

I swing the door open hard, accidentally causing it to slam against the wall. Looking inside, I see something I didn't expect. All of the blankets on Rimuru's bed are rolled up tightly (burrito-style) and in the center of the roll is Rimuru. She's in 'tiny form', from the looks of it, much like when I first met her. Looking immensely comfy and relaxed, her little head is sticking out with her mouth slightly open and eyes closed, her long hair spread wildly across the pillows. The door-slamming didn't wake her up somehow and she's still fully asleep.