𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Y/n

Y/n... please wake up.

Tanjiro looked over at the woman. "Ma'am! You have to leave. It's not safe!"

"But what about L/n? I can't just leave her!"

Daki rolled her eyes and sent forward her sashes quicker than lightning. Tanjiro didn't have time to think when they met his body and he was sent into the air and straight into the building next to where Y/n laid unconscious.

He was so shocked that he laid there for a moment looking up at the moon. He gagged as black spots began to appear in his vision.

So fast! Couldn't see! No strength in my limbs! Getting numb!

CALM DOWN!

He quickly got back up and panted heavily.

If my body didn't react like this, I'd be dead. My limbs are feeling weak because I'm afraid. I'm feeling numb because I obviously took a strong blow to my back.

The demon's weapons are her sashes. She can trap people inside. So that's why I couldn't find any passageways, despite how hard I looked.

If there is an opening big enough for the sash to pass through, she can take them.

"Oh, you're still alive?" Daki asked questionably. "You've got more bone than I thought. More than her down there."

She crouched at the front of the window with a large smirk.

"Pretty eyes." She mentioned. "I'll just have to gouge them out and eat them."

Tanjiro could feel the the box strap holding Nezuko inside had ripped off. Only one strap remained in tact.

The box isn't broken, thankfully. But if it suffers another blow, it'll break.

He then took the box off and set her down on the roof.

"Sorry Nezuko. I can't fight with this on my back. Don't get out of the box, unless your own life is in danger."

She hummed quietly to herself in worry for her brother.

"Breath of Water; Forth Form; Striking Tide: Chaos!" He went out towards the demon and quickly in for the attack. Daki's sashes flowed everywhere. Tanjiro aimed for a specific one and cut it clean off. The sash bleed as the one where Koinatsu was held captive in against her will. The magenta piece of fabric floated down like a lonely feather and landed onto the ground.

Tanjiro as well as the demon landed back onto the ground and he panted heavily on while holding up his sword tightly.

His midair movements weren't have bad... he managed to cut the sash which imprisoned Koinatsu as well.

Daki narrowed her eyes and also smirked. "You're cute... but ugly. Now don't get too attached. You're like a rat that's about to die."

For a second there, Daki faltered and heightened her eyebrows. Tanjiro remained on guard as her eyes slightly shifted to her left. As if worry clouded her mind.

These bugs are quite an eyesore. What was that sound? What are they doing? Where? Ogimoto House. And now Hinatsuru...

Daki placed a hand on her hip. "How many of your are there? Five?"

"I'm not saying!" Tanjiro replied simply.

Daki blinked at this. She let out a 'tch' before speaking again.

"If you tell me I'll let you live." She pointed up at the sword held in his grasp. "We clashed a little just now, and that blade? Looks like it's chipped."

Tanjiro raised his brow slightly and looked to see that the blade was in fact chipped slightly.

"Whoever made that sword must be one hell of a crappy blacksmith."

"You're wrong!" He yelled back. All she did was roll her eyes at this. "He's an amazing sword smith! Don't insult him!"

"Then why is it chipped you dumbass?" She remarked. This only made Tanjiro even more angry.

"You're quivering right now." She mentioned. Tanjiro noticed he had been. "You're pissing me off. So I'll just kill you and that wretched brat with the next blow."

She's not wrong... the sword did chip. It's my fault. Tanjiro thought. Maybe I really can't master Water Breathing. My body isn't suited for the techniques. I can't be a water user like Urokodaki and Tomioka-San.

However, the 'Dance of the Fire God' is more comparable with my body. I can produce more powerful strikes unlike water breathing.

Tanjiro clenched his sword tighter in his grasp and stared the demon Oiran down.

It's different now. I should be able to do it. No... I will do it!

Tanjiro glanced back behind him and found your figure still lay under some of the rubble as the woman tried to move many of the debris off you. Only it was more difficult with the baby in her arm.

That's why I trained so hard. Don't lose. Don't let them all down. Burn.

Daki sent a huge wave of hee sharp sashes into the air towards him.

Burn.

Burn!

"Set your heart ablaze!"

The image of Rengoku smiling crossed through his head. His eyes widening.

Dance of the Fire God; Scorching Crimson Mirror

He used this to cut all of the sashes that dared to lay themselves upon him. A bright light like fire emitted from his weapon. Bright and ablaze.

Daki looked in shock as her sashes had been cut clean. Blood oozing from which they once were.

She quickly noticed the bush of red hair quickly come after him.

His sword style changed. It's... sharper than before! She thought. She quickly flew her body back as he slashed in a downwards motion as if to split her in the middle head down.

Flame Waltz!

Daki looked in disappointment.

This is nothing. So this is all you've got after all.

With little to no effort, a sash came down through his body. He knew what was yet to come.

The Flame Waltz is a two-combo strike! If she dodged this one, there'll be another!

He quickly vanished into thin air. As if he were never there to begin with. She was surprised at first with this. Her sashes floated at her side as she surveyed the area. Looking for any clues whatsoever.

She looked above to see a flash of that same red hair. He noticed one thing that stood out.

An opening! A slight one! I can do this!!

Dance of the Fire God; Fire Chariot!

The Oiran looked at him like he was insane to think he could come close to decapitating her.

"So very slow. You're making me yawn."

The thread he saw in which he had the opening, snapped right in half. He blinked for a minute and then felt a sash slash directly towards him. It pounded him hard as he was sent flying back. His body skidded as his body was covered with dirt and must.

He got up quickly and looked to see the demon coming right at him. A smirk upon her face.

Crap!