Chapter 11

I walk down the familiar stairs to the brig. At the bottom of the stairs, I give a wave to Tiernan. He nods to me and heads upstairs to his post.

I head over and sit on my usual bench. I look over at the two prisoners and I replicate what I did in Arianna's room. Slowly the magical colorful strings starts to form around these two men. I focus on the magical feeling deep within my stomach and concentrate. All right, here goes nothing. My thoughts are interrupted by Finlay.

"Lucia is that you." He calls out. I can't resist seeing him when he says my name like that and I make my way over to his cell. When he see me his face turns into a big simile.

"I was hoping it was you. Seeing your beautiful face is the highlight of my day." He says putting an air of charm to his voice. I scoff at his remark.

"That's only because you are trapped in this cell. It wouldn't be a highlight anywhere else."

"That's not true. Even if I spent each day frolicking the royals gardens eating nothing but berries and tarts, spending time with you would still be the best part of my day." I am left speechless at his complement. I just stand there with a smile planted across my face.

"Would you come closer dear Lucia, it seems a spec of dirt has landed on your face." He says and I take a step closer to the bars. He reaches his hand out and rubs the dirt off of my cheek. His hand remains lingering on the side of my face. His thumb tracing the line of my jaw. His gaze shifts down to look at my lips. He grabs the back of my head and pulls me closer. Before I know it, his lips are pushing against mine in a kiss. I hesitate for a second before closing my eyes and kissing him back. I feel a wave of energy flow through my body and a tingling feeling across my lips. I gasp at the sensation.

He looks at me  with widened eyes. He stretches his other arm out from the bars and places it on to the small of my back. He pulls me in closer so that both our bodies are pressed against the bars. Our faces are a mere millimeters apart. He glances at me for a couple seconds as if he is studying the shape of my face. Then, he pulls me in for another kiss. It is needier and more passionate this time. His one hand is gripping at the hair at the back of my head while the other one is pulling me even closer to him. He moves away from my mouth and starts to trail kisses down the side of my neck.

"Oh sweet Lucia." He says in between pecks. "If only these bars were not between us I would show you just how much I worship you." He starts to suck at my collarbone and I step away from his grasp.

"Woah. I don't think that is a good idea. It would be unwise to leave a mark on my body. The captain might get mad if he finds out." He looks at me with a look of true despair.

"I am so sorry my love. I do not ever want to cause any bit of trouble in your life. I just want to bring you eternal happiness. I would do anything you tell me too." He gets down on his knees and practically begs for forgiveness.

This behavior seems a little bit odd. But, I feel bad seeing him in this state.

"Hey, hey get up. I did not say that I did not like it. Just maybe now is not the time, while we are both trapped here on this ship." He shoots up, reaches forward and grabs both of my hands.

"So, you don't hate me then." He gives me a pleading look and a little pout.

"No, no. Of course not!" his face lights up when I say that.

"That's great! Because I really like you. In fact, I think I would like to make you the princess of the kingdom. I have to take you to meet mother first, to make sure we get her approval, but who wouldn't love a beautiful amazing women like you."  A princess! That seems like it is too good to be true. This must be a joke.

"That is a very funny joke. But, we both now you must marry a noblewomen not just a regular person like me."  He brings my hands close to his mouth.

"Why would I joke about such a thing." He says in a low sultry voice that send shivers down my spine. "No one will question my decision when they see that I have brought back the most lovely women in all of the five kingdoms."  He starts to kiss my hands one knuckle at a time. He is being so forward. That is rather unusual for him but I have to say it is rather attractive.

"Well, who am I to deny the chance to be a princess." He reaches his arm behind my waist and pulls me closer.

"Why that is excellent my dear. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. When I ask you officially to be with me, it will be much more romantic." He gives me a swift kiss on the cheek. "Now, all we have to do is escape. Then I can be yours for the rest of time."

"How are we supposed to do that?" He stares deep into my eyes and caresses my face.

"I am going to have to leave that up to you my love. You have a bit more flexibility that I do at the moment."

"All right. I'll do my best to get us both out of this." This could work. If we both escape then that would provide me with somewhere to go. He can help me start a new life, away from lies and deception.

"I have the utmost faith in you. I will do whatever I can from here." He gives me another kiss. I enjoy it for several seconds and pull back. I really wish I could just stay here and enjoy Finlay's company forever. But, I really have to make sure that I get this song  down. There is no telling what the Captain would do to me if I fail. I get a little nauseous at the thought.

"I better work on my song now. Don't want to make the Captain  angry during my assessment."

"Do what you need to do. Though I am sure it will go fine. Even the Captain would recognize that your voice is kin to that of a songbird."

"Why, you flatter me so. But, I do not think the Captain is going to share in your sentiment."

I take a few step back and give him a little wave before returning to the bench where I was at. Shoot. I told myself I would not let myself get distracted by Finlay before I had this down. I can't help it if he is so charming and handsome. Ok. It is time to focus now, I will concentrate extra hard to make up for lost time.

I tap back into the magical plane. The  glowing lines of color returning to the prisoners. I look within my core to sense the magic within me to put into my music. I take a deep breath and start the first note to my slumber song. There is not a need for words. It is like the spirits of my ancestors are flowing through me telling me what to sing. I let out an enchanting series of notes that echo throughout the room. There are dark blue lines shooting out of me bouncing around every corner of the room. I feel strength, power and a weird sense of comfort while singing. It surprises me how natural this feeling is. I close my eyes to soak up and enjoy this moment.

When I open my eyes, all three of the men have fallen asleep on the floor. The only person awake is the lady in the first cell. The song has caught her attention. She looks  up from her drawing and is staring at me inquisitively.

"Don't worry she will come for you too." She says before returning back to her drawing. She is working as through she is in a trance . Whoever the "she" this women is taking about , I don't want any part of it. Choosing to ignore the eerie message from the stranger, I am filled with a sense of accomplishment. Finally, I did it. Now I am one step closer to being set free from this place.