20. 𝗮𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗲 𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

BRINGING HOME A STRAY DOG WASN'T ESZTER'S INTENTION. In fact, the teenager made it clear to the twins that their parents wouldn't be too keen on the idea of having a dog, especially while they're so young. Eszter knew Wanda wouldn't be happy once she found out she allowed the boys to bring home a random dog, but Eszter was smitten by the fur baby. The witch cooed at the puppy eyes and the adorable wagging of its tail; Eszter could tell it was obedient.

As a result of the adorable dog, Eszter couldn't deny her nephews the dog and helped them walk the dog home; the witch took the dog from her nephew's arms and carried her home, noting how dirty his fur was. All but one was hesitant.

"You sure you wanna bring some random dog to your sister's house?" wondered Wesley, glancing at the dirty dog with a mild dislike.

Wesley wasn't worried about what Wanda would think about them bringing home a random dog, but the boy wasn't a fan of dogs; maybe Wesley was afraid of it, or he genuinely didn't like dogs. Eszter couldn't tell the difference. He kept side-eyeing the dog with a form of discomfort flashing across his eyes, grimacing to himself as he held a reasonable distance between him and the dog in Eszter's arms.

Eszter makes a face. "Sure, why not?" retorted the witch, laughing heavily. "I mean, maybe we won't actually keep him, but just bathe him and feed him. We'll look for his owner, but he might not have one from the looks of it." Eszter moved her head sideways to look down at the down, barely missing his rogue tongue that was mere inches from her nose. "Who can say no to that face?"

"I don't think Wanda would be too happy," argued Wesley. Eszter looked at him weirdly. "I mean, he's a stray; he could be carrying something, and you wouldn't even know."

The girl rolls her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic," Eszter shifted the dog in her arms, helping it get more comfortable. "Wanda might not even be home, so we'll have time to give him a bath, at least."

All four snuck in through the kitchen door to not alert Wanda of their arrival. Eszter had sent Billy in first to make sure the coast was clear, so the little boy in red rushed inside and inspected the kitchen, then made his way to the door to the living room. Billy peeped outside the kitchen and checked the living room, finding it empty. He turned around and took a couple of steps into the kitchen, grinning toothily and throwing a thumbs up.

"Mommy's not here," informed Billy.

"Great, let's be quick before she shows up," said Eszter, trotting into the kitchen and carrying the dog toward the kitchen sink. She glanced over her shoulder, looking at the twins with urgency. "Remember, I didn't give you two permission to bring him home. If she asks, you two snuck him home without me knowing, got it?"

Billy and Tommy beamed. "Got it!" they exclaimed in unison.

"Okay, now go get a towel and soap," instructed Eszter.

"Okay!" the twins exclaim, rushing out of the kitchen.

Once the two were alone with the dog, Wesley scoffed to himself, earning a look from Eszter; the witch doesn't say anything as she hauls the dog to the sink, setting him inside the small tub. The stray dog wagged his tail excitedly as he stepped up closer to Eszter, wanting to give the teenager kisses, but the girl refused. Eszter backed away from the dog, scrunching her nose.

"No kisses, please," cooed Eszter, making faces at the dog. After a moment of not hearing from Wesley, Eszter straightened upward and sighed, resting a hand on her hip and glancing at Wesley. "You've clearly got something to say; might as well spill it out."

"Nothing, nothing. It's just funny that you're throwing your nephews under the bus."

Eszter shrugs. "Wanda can't say no to them," assured the witch, grinning lopsidedly. "What do you think? He's cute, huh?"