Chapter 4

We arrived to the docks as Ty Lee jumped out in excitement. After the long boat ride I was starting to get used to Ty Lee's cute nature. It was weird to believe one of her closest friends were Kaito, Mai and Azula. Although Kaito and I also got used to each other's presence, she wouldn't stare at me with hate like Mai or have a commanding glare like Azula. It was weird, I felt like I could understand her when I knew nothing about her. Which was also concerning, considering her and Azula seemed to be the closest, but they also seemed the most distant if you payed close enough attention.

The old twins greeted us at a relatively small beach home that seemed to be theirs. As we walked in I could definitely confirm it was their beach house.

"It smells like old lady in here," Zuko said.

"Agreed," I bluntly said as I slightly disgusted my face at the decor and strong overpowering scent of flowers.

Ty Lee asked about a painting with two young girls. It was the twins when they were younger as they recreated the same pose. I half covered my eyes and sneezed softly at the large whiff of flowers. Zuko gagged as I opened my eyes again from the sneeze and looked over at me. We shared the same face of disgust and discontent. I'm so glad Sokka and I aren't identical like these two weirdos.

Kaito snickered under her breath, I looked at her as she cleared her throat and straightened herself before she followed behind Azula.

The beach decor reached all the way to the room we were all staying in. Their royals and aristocrats yet were all lumped together in the same room. Things are clearly well thought before coming here. The only person who seemed to not be bothered was Ty Lee who jumped onto a bed. Mai grumbled at the situation as I sighed leaning back into the wall as I sat on the floor. Kaito joined me, a sigh also escaping her lips.

"You might as well just bear with it," Kaito said in a whisper to me.

I looked at her confused, why is she trying to talk to me like this? But I nodded.

"Who said I wasn't?" I whispered back.

She raised her brows as the twins entered the room.

"We know that you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend," A twin spoke

"But Ember Island is a magical place. Keep an open mind," The other continued

"Give it a chance,"

"And it can help you understand yourselves and each other," They said in unison

"The beach has a special way," One said picking up a smooth rock then passing it to the other.

"Of smoothening even the most ragged edges,"

"Time to hit the beach!" They said as they ripped off their robes exposing their swimwear.

I jumped on the inside in shock, blinking a few times to try and process what I just witnessed. Kaito groaned digging her face into her knees and Mai covered Zuko's eyes with one hand.

I thought I was traumatized enough, but little by little I keep being proved wrong.

"Aren't you going to change?" Mai coldly said throwing the clothes Azula got for me at my head.

"Why should I?" I lightly hissed back.

Mai hated me, and I get why she did. But I wasn't going to let her step all over me because of Zuko.

"Come on! It's the beach, I thought you would love this!" Ty Lee said begginly.

"It's not like we're going to let you stay here alone. You might end up having some fun," Kaito responded as she stood up.