Chapter 49

June 1978

With six days left till summer break, Hogwarts students were in a mad rush to get everything finished and packed before the train arrived.

Exams forced extra studying, prepping those who would be taking their N.E.W.T's the next year and revisions for the current class Seventh Years.

Royan and Harriette spent their days and evenings studying in the library or their respective Common Rooms.

Remus calmly settled into the bustle of writing and practicing wand movements, but James and Sirius were as scatterbrained as ever.

"Prongs, what are we going to do?" Sirius whined, banging his head on the table they were sitting at.

"I have no bloody idea, Padfoot!" James groaned back, shuffling through a stack of notes Remus had loaned him.

"How dare the professors give you months to study and prepare only to throw exams on you two?" Someone behind them said with a snide edge in their tone.

The boys turned to see Wren smirking at them.

Sirius immediately brightened.

"Light of my life!" He beamed at her.

Wren rolled her eyes before sliding into a seat next to James, causing the curly-haired Gryffindor to pout.

"Why in Merlin's name did you idiots decide to wait until now to start studying?" She asked, glancing at their notes and haphazardly placed textbooks.

"We study!" Sirius huffed indignantly, crossing his arms. "Prongs is brilliant with Charms I will have you know!"

"Thank you, Padfoot!" James said, looking quite pleased with himself. "And, Gerrwick, you should know that Padfoot here is as equally brilliant with Astronomy!"

"Really?" Wren arched a dark brow at this, unsure whether or not to believe it.

"Absolutely!" James beamed at her.

Sirius flashed his best mate a grateful smile. He loved when Gerrwick paid attention to him.

She didn't know just how much he adored her, but he would gladly accept the challenge if he had to spend the rest of their lives showing her.

"So, you like to watch balls of burning gas millions of miles away?" Wren asked sarcastically, smirking at him.

A batch of butterflies began fluttering in his chest, and a lopsided grin made its way to his lips.

"Let me have a chance to give you the stars, and I shall gift you the universe," Sirius said quietly, holding her gaze with his own.

The area surrounding them grew silent as James tried to shrink into the background, and Wren took in the sincerity laced within his words.

She felt a blush heat her cheeks and fought to keep herself from melting.

Merlin's sake, was she falling for this boy faster than she thought possible!

Clearing her throat, Wren stood from her seat and pulled her bag over her shoulder.

"You are far too cheesy for yourself, Black," She said, rolling her eyes for good measure before turning and walking away from them.

The two Gryffindor boys watched her leave.

"You know, Padfoot, I think she really likes you," James said.

"Gods, I hope so! Because I can't even begin to describe how much I adore that Witch!" Sirius said, sighing dreamily.

*******