Chapter 5

(Warning: slight drinking towards the end of the chapter.)
—-
I laid onto my forearms looking up to the sun closing my eyes. I kept thinking about my family, Sokka, Katara, Aang and even Toph. I begged to the spirits for them to be okay. I was worried for them, extremely worried. The image of Azula shooting Aang echoed in my mind.

The Avatar is gone, I heard Azula's voice say in my head, stop fighting for a life that will never come.

I snapped my head, shaking it slowly. I softly opened my eyes trying to convince myself it wasn't true. What I saw wasn't all of it. I don't know if Aang is really dead, but I also have no one to tell me that he's alive. Then I thought about my dad, and how much I missed him. He's still out there, fighting. I was scared to lose him like I lost Rui, without being able to say goodbye. I stuttered a sigh.

"There aren't any flowers here," I heard Zuko whisper annoyingly to himself.

It made me think back to the times I've given Zuko flowers. Once with Iroh after picking seashells, another at the Misty Palms Oasis, and the last one when we started to go out. Those moments felt like a far away dream. I can't believe I let myself love him. If only I hadn't listened to Akira to pursue him. No, I can't blame her, I brought this on myself. I still do.

I groaned lightly and laid back against the sand, Kaito turned her head to me, I looked to her. I felt like she could see the pain in my eyes, a pain I was trying so hard to conceal. I smiled at her, acting like everything was fine. But smiling hurt more than the idea of crying.

"Ho-" Kaito was interrupted by Azula, so she sighed sitting up.

"Hey, beach bums we're playing next," Azula called, she wanted to play volleyball,"Kaito, Ty Lee, get over here now!"

They walked over as I stayed where I was to watch. Azula motioned me to join but I shook my head. She rolled her eyes but left me be as they gathered in a circle to strategize.

As Azula served, but they worked perfectly in sync. It reminded me of the Kyoshi Warriors in a sense. I guess that's what happens when you grow up together. I kept my eyes on the game, standing up and walking closer to see the game better. Two guys walked towards me then walked over next to me.

"You with them?" One asked.

I looked over at the two,"Unfortunately," then went back to watching the game

Zuko kneeled down letting Azula run onto his back to kick the ball causing an explosion. The net caught fire right after.

"Yes! We defeated you for all time. You will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!" Azula said in a sort of weirdly happy way.

"Alright," Kaito said,"Well we won't be able to play anymore. You just burned the net,"

"Oh, it was fun though. One game is fine," Azula said, smiling at her.

I walked over to them as the other two followed me causing Zuko to send a nasty glare. I wasn't sure if it was for me or them, or the three of us.

"I'm Chan, this is Ruon-Jian. We're having a party tonight. You should come by,"

"Can't," I said bluntly.

"Why not?" Chan asked confused.

"They gotta come with me," I said harshly, just wanting to be left alone. I was bothered enough as it is realizing that I'm again, surrounded by people who could turn against me at any moment.

But as always, life likes to kick my ass. I internally screamed as they invited Ty Lee, Kaito and Mai along too.

Azula seemed annoyed,"What about me and my brother? Aren't you going to invite us?"