Chapter 98 - Hot Tea Spilt

I am concerned when I enter the teacher's dorm to find Hizashi lying facedown on the coffee table. Nobody is around either, so I feel as though that is my message to run.

Obviously, I ignore said message and approach, "Yo, you okay?" Hizashi must not have heard me come in because he immediately straightens up to look at me- oh jeez, he does not look good. I guess he is still affected by earlier, which is expected.

Hizashi attempts to give me a smile, "Hey, Izu. How you doing, kiddo?"

"I wasn't laying on a table, so I know I am doing better than you." It's not my most tactful answer, but he's used to it by now. Hizashi softly laughs.

"What a standard."

"No shit, but you avoided my first question."

Hizashi sighs as the smile drops, "Just a rough day with this morning." You know, this morning feels like a distant memory to me. That's probably saying something on my side of things.

"I bet. I am sorry for not arguing more. I tried to get them to wait so that I could try without tearing into some trauma, but they decided it was a high priority." I do mean that sincerely. Something did happen, and I am not going to lie about that. However, I wish that happened without mental anguish.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Tiny Listener. We were able to help, after all. If anything, I need to apologize to you."

"I don't think so?"

"For Shouta this morning. I should have took his phone away or something, but I didn't. What he said to you was terrible. I didn't realize how bad he would act out," Fuck, Hizashi actually looks guilty. Damn idiot.

"Shouta did that by himself, Zashi. You are not liable for anything he has done."

"Still-"

"Still nothing," I glare at the idiot in front of me, "It was a stressful situation. Bad shit was going to happen. It's okay."

Hizashi looks at me seriously, "I hope you realize that what he said to you is not okay no matter the circumstance. That was wrong." I drop the glare.

"I'm aware, Hizashi, but I understand why he said it."

"He could have not said it at all. You can't tell me that you didn't feel anything when he said that."

"I am not saying that. I'm just saying that I understand."

"But it still hurt you, didn't it?" Hizashi is trying to force my therapy session a couple days early I see.

It's my turn to sigh, "Yes, but I am not saying that it didn't hurt. All I am saying is that I get the circumstances behind him saying that."

"I know, I know. I know you're probably going to talk to him soon with how are you, but don't be afraid to talk about any concerns that he may have brought up. He dug himself in that hole. You deserve to be reassured," Hizashi gives me a gentle smile, "Alright?" I truly do appreciate this man. More than anybody knows it.

I can't help but smile back, "Alright."

Hizashi hops off the coffee table, "Very good! Now, did you happen to get dinner?"

"Nope. I just came straight here."

"Lunch Rush made some leftovers for you in the fridge, so you can heat that up!"

"Lunch Rush deserves a raise."

"True that!"

I head to the kitchen with Hizashi behind me, and I heat those amazing leftovers up and get to eating. After that conversation on the coffee table literally, we are able to talk about some chill stuff, ya know. However, then I realize something.