Chapter One: Mandy

The town Hawkins had some weird shit happen, but I've never experienced it personally. Only heard about the horrific events on the news when my dad, David, puts it on. So many deaths in a small town, it's either a terrible coincidence, or there's a serial killer on the loose.

   David has been working his ass off for two years trying to figure out what the hell is going on in this town. Some people say it's demonic, that some kids from the high school were messing around with some Devil shit. I don't believe it. There's got to be a better explanation for these deaths rather than a few high school drop outs wanting to cause a stir in Hawkins.

   Hawkins High School is like no other high school I've ever been before. And I've been to many. While other high schools couldn't give two shits if you wanted to study science or go get drunk for a living, Hawkins has no filter, one wrong move and you're an outcast. 

   I didn't know this two years ago when David and I moved here, to my own living hell. My first day as a Sophomore in high school, I associated myself with Eddie Munson. Huge Mistake. Apparently everyone was afraid of the kid, which made everyone afraid of me too. Butterfly effect, I guess you could call it. Two years later and my social status hasn't changed, I never talked to Eddie again but nobody cared. So I stopped caring also.

   Tonight is the first night of summer break, which means my dad could care less about where I am. I tie my hair up into a messy ponytail, put on a jean jacket, and grabbed my bike while leaving my garage. 

   The street is quiet at this time of night, nobody is awake at midnight usually. My neighbors are used to me leaving at random times during the night, they used to confront David about it, now they barely bat an eye. 

   I bike all the way to Jeremy's house, my best friend, which is only a few blocks away from my own. His neighborhood is a lot nicer than mine, meaning the neighbors care a lot more about who's coming into their neighborhood. I slow down a bit and quiet down.

   Jeremy's bedroom window is on the second floor, so I grab a latter that I've always used to get up there. I climb the latter to his window, only to find it locked. What the actual fuck. He never locks his window.

   I knock. His curtains are shut but on the inside I can see someone get up and open the curtains. Looking around I see dim lighting and multiple people sitting around a table, playing some type of board game. Jeremy looks at me like he wants to push me off the latter.

   "What the fuck are you doing here Amanda?" Jeremy says, he pushes his ginger hair out of his eyes, he reeks of weed.

   "You stink, what the hell are you doing?" I responded, shoving past Jeremy and into his bedroom. I was greeted by the Hellfire Club itself. The room was usually filled with Hockey posters, one of Jeremys passions. This time it's filled with smoke, and weirdly shaped candles that smell like an old library.

   I look to my right only to see Eddie Munson and his gang, they too reek of weed. "Well well well, if it isn't the infamous Amanda Langston herself." Eddie Munson commented, the others snickered. 

   "You're ruining the campaign. Get out." I death stared the one who said that, he looked like his face was too small for his big head.

   "Shut the fuck up, you look like you're from Alice in Wonderland," I bite, "mind explaining Jeremy?"

   Jeremy looked at the others, then made eye contact with me. "I'm playing DnD, you know, Dungeons and Dragons."

   "Yeah I've heard of it, I thought we weren't ever gonna associate ourselves with that freak, remember?" I mention Eddie Munson. Jeremy looks over in shame.

   "He's not so bad actually."

   "Not so bad? Not so fucking bad? Are you dicking my shit right now?" I yell, "Whatever Jeremy, you can get involved but I'm definitely not. Have fun with your new friends."

   Before Jeremy can say another word I climb out the window and onto the latter, climbing down he shuts his window and closes the curtains. He doesn't spare another look. 

   Who fucking needs him? Not me. He can have fun with Eddie Munson and his gang of high school dropouts. I thought. 

   I grab my bike and go over to my only other friends house, Stephanie Adams. I need some of her sanity right about now. She's gonna flip when she hears about Jeremy and his new group of friends.

   Stephanie's house is on the other side of town, the reason why I always go to Jeremy's is because he lives so close. 

   By the time I bike over to Stephanie's house it's two in the morning. Do I care? No.

   Luckily Stephanie's window is on the first floor, no latter needed. I walk up to her window and knock. 

   Stephanie is in her pajamas and looks like she was already sleeping, but she still opens the window. "Amanda? What are you doing here?" she grumbles.

   "You won't fucking believe what I just saw at Jeremy's house. He's in the Hellfire Club now, like with Eddie Munson and everyone." I say.

   "No way. I don't believe it." 

   "Believe it," I climb into her bedroom as she turns on a lamp. "he was so fucking rude when I was leaving, I can't believe he would be like this after last week."

   "Told you he was a douche, the only reason I'm still friends with him is because of you." Steph replied.

   I nodded, "Thankfully I have you, can I stay the night?"

   "Yeah I don't think my parents will mind." I took off my jean jacket, leaving some leggings and a white t-shirt. We crawled into her bed and turned off the light.

   Thank God I have Steph. I smiled.

Authors Note: I feel like this chapter was like a 6/10 it was mid, just wait till the story actually picks up lol. Stay w me on this.

(Word Count: 1051)