Chapter 11

He rolled off from over her and lay on his back, breathing hard. She pulled the sheet closer to her body to cover herself. She put her head on his chest and arm around his neck. After a moment she fell asleep as he lay awake.

"Hey boss! Where are you man?"
"Why are you calling me at this time? Have you lost it or what?"
He said with irritation.
"Man, stop getting annoyed. I called you to tell you about the party you are missing."
"Hmm.. Are you done ya aur kuch bolna hai tujhe?"
"Sid man, gussa kyun karta hai? Are you busy with some girl?"
"Shut up, Sameer! I am at home."
"Ah! So you are with Bhabi. Sorry to disturb you."
"Phone rakh."
"Best music, best alcohol, best cocaine and Russian girls. You should not miss it. Sid, if you are done with your wife, you can always join us. And if not then too, she is not going anywhere, is she? "

Sidharth said, "I don't do drugs. I am not interested in the others. So I am not coming."
"Sid, is it you or someone else? I mean, how can you ignore booze and girls? Bhabhi ne kya jadu kya tere pe? She is hot but imagining you spending every night with one woman is really strange. Is she that good in bed? You can share with us. We are friends. Right?"
"Phone rakh. Main aa raha hun."

Sidharth put on a denim jacket over his white t-shirt and was wearing his shoes when Basundhara came out of the bedroom.
"Where are you going?"
"I will be back soon. Go back to bed."
"Are you going to some party?"
"No.. yes.. Just go back to sleep."
Basundhara went to him, touching his hair softly, she said, "Please Sidharth, don't go."
Sidharth didn't not reply. He stood up, looked at her and he said, "It's important. Go to sleep. "

A young man almost the age of Sidharth walked up to him in a flashy t-shirt and ripped jeans as he entered the club with Rahul.
"Sid, you came! "
He tried to hug him but Sidharth walked past him and he said, " I need a drink first."
"What are we doing here? You weren't supposed to come tonight. You called me to be ready in the middle of the night and now we are here. What is it?"
"Can I have a drink first?"
He ordered a stiff drink for himself and gulped it down in a go and ordered another round.

The same guy, Sameer came to them and signalled the bartender for a drink.
"What yaar! Koi hi hello nahi, seedhe idhar? Chod koi na. Look there, Russian girls. That one is Natasha and the other one is Maria. They are staring at you. You are lucky, man. Girls drool over you, even the foreign ones. And you have the choice who to f***. And at home you have one always available.

Sidharth picked up a whisky bottle and turned to Rahul, "Rahul, call Lawyer Trivedi and if needed the DCP. And don't let the press find out."
"What? Why?"
"You will know why?"
He immediately turned towards Sameer and smashed the bottle on his head. He fell down on his knees holding his head. "Shalle, woh meri biwi hai! Show her respect! I may sleep with her or not, she is hot or not, these are none of your lookouts. Respect women! B*****!
Rahul tried to pull him away but Sidharth picked up another bottle and smashed it on his head again.
"I might be a bad guy, sleeping around with women. But I don't talk or like to hear shit about them.. samjha. If you ever talk rubbish about my wife or for in fact any woman, I will kill you. F**** mo********!"

"You didn't return that night."
Basundhara says, looking outside the window.
"I was at the police station."
Sidharth replies.
They are in the Penthouse a few days after the attack incident. Sidharth sits on the couch, while she stands by the window.
"I know now. But then I thought you were with some other.."
"Who told you about this? Rahul?"
"Yes. I met him once at a restaurant a few weeks back. He was there for my signatures on some official papers. I could see disgust in his eyes. I told him that it was you who was wrong, not me. That you never cared or had minimal respect for me. And he narrated the incident. He told me you might not be in love with me but you always had respect."