Eri, I am Your Father... From Now On

Eri was now sitting on a couch of an unfamiliar scene.

In her hands was a small white and pink unicorn as she sat in a c/c and white living room in an apartment. She was waiting for someone or some people as the two conversed in the dining room next to her.

One of them was a brunette man while the other was a h/c, the two spoke quietly with a cup of black coffee in front of one and a cup of d/c in front of the other.

The two didn't show much reactions with each other in the convo, thinking it's just two friends catching up on things. But the thing is is that that's how they usually are, a more serious conversation than just asking about "how the kids are doing".

"Aiza- ...Sensei... Are you sure you want me?" One of the men who was the most concerned was the h/c with e/c. He takes a swig at his drink and lets out a small sigh from the deliciousness of his cup of d/c. "...There's many other candidates that'll be more fit for the job than I... There's Fat Gum, Kamui Woods, Ms. Joke... Out of everyone, what made you believe that I was the right person to go to?"

"I'm not saying you are the best suited person for this task but you aren't the worse one either... There are a few reasons I can list but I think you having this girl around might be a good idea..."

The h/c man sighs softly. "Sensei... I am inexperienced with children... I didn't grow up with a sibling nor have I actually been friends with my classmates when I was your student... You think giving a girl to someone like me is a good idea at all?"

Aizawa takes a sip of his coffee.

"I think you're perfect... and she can also help you gain your confidence up..." Aizawa explained but received nothing but a small scoff from his pupil.

"How? Is she gonna start teaching me on how to pick up chicks now?"

Thwack!

"Ow... That was just a joke!" Y/n nearly shouts and rubbed his head where Aizawa slapped him.

"But seriously... How is she going to help me out?"

"I know she will... Just try to get along with her and you'll be perfectly fine..." he puts his hand on his student's shoulder. "Go and talk to her..."

Y/n knew Aizawa was trying to reassure him. His face doesn't show it but he's known him long enough to figure out what he was thinking or trying to express.

But he wasn't so sure about Aizawa's choice, turning to the girl who was sitting on the couch with her toy unicorn in her hands and then back at Aizawa.

"I don't know if I can do it, sensei..."

"Just try... Go and introduce yourself to her..." he shops his hand to Y/n lazily, it wouldn't hurt to make efforts for the child. He did save her and there must be things that she wants to ask or address with the hero, right?

Y/n ended up face to face with the young girl unconsciously, his thoughts all slipped up in a matter of seconds and was thrown out the window.

He could see why Aizawa wanted him to get to know the girl a bit.

"...Hi..."

"...Hey..."

He really don't have any social skills when it comes to outside of work or anybody he isn't familiar with at all.

"...You have... really big legs..."

"Thanks... I get that a lot..." the man blushes lightly at her sudden comment. It fades away soon enough and in comes more questions he wasn't expecting.

"How come your legs are that big and mine's aren't? Will my legs get as big as your's?"

"I... don't think so... B-But that's besides the point on why you're here, Eri..."

He takes a small breath and remembered Aizawa's demand with her and himself.

"...M-My name... is Y/n..."

"..."

"...a-and... I'll be... your guardian from now on..."

Eri tilts her head lightly. "G-Guardian... As an angel?"

"No... Like... Like a parent..."

"Oh... Okay..."

It was awkward.

They stared at each other in silence for a good moment before Y/n was the one who break the eye contact first and sped over to Aizawa. He shook his head, "This is harder than I expected it to be..." he nearly stuttered quietly as his teacher stands up from his seat  "You'll get the hang of it soon enough, Y/n..."

Now was time for Aizawa to leave, satisfied that Y/n made little progress at the very least. But right when he was about to leave, he remembers something in his pocket.

"Before I go, here's a grocery list..."

He takes out a small piece of paper from his pocket and hands it over to Y/n to read. He reads the first few items on the paper.

"Apples... Apple juice... Apple pie... Apple slices... Man, she really loves apples..."

Then the rest was regular things needed in a home. Dishes, essentials, some other things for Eri like toys and decors she might like, Y/n nods to himself and places the list in his back pocket.

"Make sure you get everything on the list..."

"Yeah, I will..." Y/n answers his demand and then escorts his sensei to the exit and parted ways. He closes the door behind him and head over to the living room where Eri still sat in. "...Looks like you'll be with me for awhile..."

Eri just nods at his statement and the two stayed silent once more. At this rate now, Y/n should step it up and just be more confident.

...But if only if it was that easy...

"M-Mr. Quad-Father?"

Y/n was thrown off by Eri's formality with his hero name.

"Y-You don't have to call me by my hero name... Just call me Y/n if you want to..."

"Oh... Okay..."

She nods silently once more and stares at the ground for a second.

"...Y/n?"

"Yes?"

She glances back up at the boy with a pair of pleading eyes directed to him. What did she wanted with the look she was giving?

"Will you protect me from now on?"

A simple question.

Given by the situation Aizawa handed him, this was easy.

"I will, Eri..."

Then another that made Y/n a little anxious.

"You promise?"

A promise for the two to keep.

He did remember trying to protect Eri and comforting her to keep her from freaking out. But this was all just for the fight he had with the yakuza.

Now it was to protect her until the day she dies or she finds a new family for her to run to. Hopefully it will be the second route for her as his hesitant thoughts became longer and longer.

It was his job to protect others.

But now he had to protect someone more than everyone else now that his title has switched when he received a child into his home.

His head and heart wasn't sure.

...But just for her...

"...I promise..."