Chapter 40

A man walked out of the building.

He looked absolutely handsome and he was of fine built. His silver hair shone brightly and his sapphire eyes were like no other.

He had a mature presence around him but despite that, his face expressed indifference.

"Callahan-!" Raphael called out to Callahan as soon as he saw him.

Callahan looked at him and smiled wryly. He waved at him then slowly started walking towards his father.

"I'm back." Callahan's voice was solemn and decent.

"It's nice to have you back. Your mother and I missed you." Raphael patted his back.

"Where's mother?"

"She's currently in the carriage."

The two of them strode towards the carriage and opened its doors.

There they saw the lovely image of Carla sitting there.

"!!!"

"Callahan!" Carla jumped out of the carriage and hugged his son. "I missed you. You should've visited at least once."

"I missed you too, mother."

"And Callahan, did you know? I saw Rina earlier." Carla's expression was joyful.

She knows what she saw. It was real and wasn't a hallucination.

Her delusions and craziness had long been overcame by her and she was totally sane right now. It would be a lie to say that what she saw wasn't real.

"Mother, it's time to move on."

"No, Callahan-"

"Let's just... Let Rina's soul rest in peace. She must've appeared to you because she wants you to know that she's in a good place now. Let's move on." Callahan said this whilst avoiding his mother's gaze.

"But- it looked too real." Carla covered her eyes as she cried.

"She looked so beautiful. It's what I've always wanted to see. I wanted to see Rina growing up."

Raphael patted Carla's back while she continued to cry.

"Let's go home for now. Callahan just arrived." Raphael added.

"Alright. Callahan, I apologize. I just... miss your sister so much." Carla wiped her tears.

"...It's alright. I feel the same." Callahan smiled a bit.

"Let's go."

...

Catherina was sitting on the bench beside the fountain while waiting for Owen.

Earlier this morning, they finally arrived at the Central Capital.

The journey took them almost five days since they came all the way from the North.

Owen could actually just teleport there straight away but he wanted to spend time with Catherina a bit more. All by himself.

'I miss this place.' Catherina thought as she looked around her surroundings.

This place was where Callahan and her bought a gift for the prince on her birthday back then. It's a place where she mostly spend time with Callahan to have fun.

'I miss them.'

She longed to see her family already.

"She's really beautiful."

"Where is she from?"

"She doesn't have an escort."

"So ethereal."