Arkansas Headcanons

- Friends with both Oklahoma and Texas. Unfortunately this means when they fight and Gov isn't there to mediate he is the one who has to do it. Hates being in the middle of their fights and horrible at mediating. Ask him if he likes having to be in the car with them at the same time. The answer is no. I blame bayboo20 for me latching onto the idea of them being friends. They had them interact once.

- Incidentally, yeah Arkansas is actually a pretty good driver. This is partly because Arkansas is actually on lists of the best state drivers in the country, but also because you just don't hear about people hating how Arkansans drive. the only noteworthy thing is that he loves taking back roads and trails, and measures everything in time and not miles. If he ever is in the car with both Oklahoma and Texas, which happens more often then you think, he always has to drive because both Oklahoma and Texas hate how the other drives. Those two fight over the stereo and eventually Arkansas has to just shut it off and tell them to ride in silence or he's kicking them both out. It's a bluff because they are his friends and he would never abandon him, but it does get them to shut up for a few minutes.

- Insecure. Of the southern states he is one of the most made fun of and forgotten. Prone to making self deprecating humor about himself, or just saying plain sad things. I have this idea in my head of Texas hearing Arkansas say something bad about himself and putting his name as the Friendship State to good use by giving him a pep talk, talking about his good traits and how he needs to be more confident in himself, and then ending it by saying "and 'sides at least you're better than Oklahoma!" Oklahoma is offended.

- Arkansas and Oklahoma are friends because they used to be part of the same territory: The Arkansas Territory.

- I mentioned this in Montana's headcanons but Arkansas and Montana are surprising friends! They like similar activities and hang out every now and again.

- West Virginia and Arkansas get along pretty well since they have a lot of the same stereotypes, so they shit talk those people who think that about them when they get together.

- Arkansas and Mississippi are also friends, mostly they like hanging out in each other's space and listening to music together.

- Arkansas is a bit of an introvert. Of course he has the Southern instinct to talk to a wall if there isn't a person to talk to, but Arkansas likes to be on his own a lot of the time. If he is with another person he does like to talk to them, but he also just enjoys the silence and taking in one another's presence.

- Arkansas does in fact hold a grudge against Kansas. Arkansas came first and the only reason anyone even knows Kansas's name is because of a movie made in the 1930s. Thus, Arkansas refuses to call Kansas his actual name and constantly calls him "Kansaw."

- Likes to visit random towns in his state for their high school football games. He just likes to watch his citizens play football. Side note but I imagine the south plays football with each other.

- Because I like to imagine all the states got stim toys: He got a fidget cube. He's got a lot of nervous energy in his hands.

- He does a lot of handy work around the house and with cars. A lot of the states are handy, but Arkansas in particular does a lot of the work because he likes to prove himself useful. He's just good with his hands in general. He makes lovely wood carvings.

- Very outdoorsy. He loves going on hikes and fishing and hunting and farming, of course. But, he also loves spelunking and going to his diamond mine. He doesn't find much activity inside the house and prefers fresh air even when he is playing on his phone or something else.

- Arkansas has taken Montana down to Murfreesboro to go searching for diamonds before as a bonding experience.

- Actually fairly good at learning different languages. A lot of people from different cultures move to his state to work for Tyson, and of the former Louisiana Purchase,-other than Loui- Arkansas has retained the most French.

- Arkansas never fails to hold Walmart and Tyson over the other states' heads since a lot of their employment goes into those places.

- Arkansas is against Puerto Rico becoming a state solely because he is the twenty-fifth state of fifty and he thinks that makes him special. He doesn't have a lot of things to brag about so he clings to what he can find.

- States usually start counting their birthdays by when they became a state, so Arkansas likes to hold it over Texas's head that he is older than him in terms of being a state: "back in MY day"

- Call Arkansas a plains state or the midwest and he will go full feral on your ass and remind you that back when he was just being settled he was full of criminals and outlaws

- Speaking of, Arkansas is quite scrappy, although nowadays he is mostly chill. But still, don't try to fight him because Arkansas keeps going even if he breaks a bone, and he fights dirty.