𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

🖤

Dark clouds of quickly thickening smoke that would immediately stifle the breathes of any creature to unintentionally inhale it blackened the already inky surroundings. It gave sense of impending doom through its ash-like substance, a texture that just loomed to block out whatever chaos was about to ensue in the darkness of the metallic shelter.

(Y/n) choked on every breath she could just about manage to squeeze out of her exhausted chest, her own smoke clouding up the glass container she was locked within. It blurred her visions of the blackened smoke ahead, her wheezing increasing in pace every second she felt further imprisoned in the glass container her fingers scraped down in the pain of entrapment.

It became unbearable. With every whispered scream she knew time was running out. There was one person she awaited to appear, because he always appeared in the nick of time and always came to rescue before everything got too out of hand. She couldn't remember how long it had been, the icy glass surrounding her feeling the pound of her fist against it in an attempt to smash it and to release her frustration.

But (Y/n) had also come to the inevitable conclusion of her termination. She couldn't breathe in this poisoned air any further, the blackened ashes building up until she couldn't see through the cracks of the gloomy shadows. She allowed her body that was so drained of energy she couldn't hold herself up any longer slide down the back on the container, the freezing touch of the glass tickling her spine until she met the floor. Her knees raised to her chest, head soon burying between them and tears tempted to escape. She felt hopeless. There was no other word for it.

But that's when it happened. An unbelievably loud thunder to the ground shook the room, if that's what you would class the enclosed space as. (Y/n)'s vision of the action became further blurred by her own fast paced breath sliding down the glass and more shadowed mist accumulating in the distance.

It swarmed around her as she attacked the glass with furiously clenched fists, small groans of effort escaping her as she kept her teeth to her lips to avoid too much sound in case the guest wasn't quite who she expected. But all she knew was she still couldn't see, darkening ash thickening by the second, but then she heard the voice.

"The scanner was right. There are a lot of fake emeralds here."

Sonic!

Sonic the heroic blue hedgehog landed with another thud to the ground, a gaping hole screaming from within the ceiling to mark where he decided to make his patiently expected entrance. (Y/n) could hear and simply sense his presence, pounding herself to the unbreakable glass and shrieking as loudly as she could manage. But the blockage of smoke was just too thick, and she was further away from him that she thought.

Sonic coughed in the mist of the smoke, feeling like the suspicious clouds had gripped his throat and prevented any much needed breaths from escaping.

"Suddenly I don't feel so great." He shivered in the unexpected cold, emerald eyes glistening with concern as they examined what seemed like hundreds of fake chaos emeralds scattered around him.

Something else soon snatched his attention from the many sparkling stones of blue and red and green and gold that laid lifeless around him. (Y/n) could just about see him, relieved that he seemed to have noticed something else.

But it wasn't her. Oh no, the clouds of shadowed ashes remained too abundant to possibly see through. She could only make his vivid blue figure out through the tiniest crack between the choking air, a sense of defeat crashing her back down as another voice that simply spoke the words of impending doom through its menacing tone echoed through the room.