Truth

Florence

It was Tuesday afternoon, the day of our meetup at the café. Elizabeth had sent me the details on the same day we made the plans. I looked it up beforehand to see where I could park my car without trouble. Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this. The building is on a small back alley away from the tourist traffic of Los Angeles. Nevertheless, it is not dark, actually the contrary. The sun shines straight down the alley, creating a beautiful play of shadows. I would have never imagined a beautiful place like this to be so far from the popular streets. But maybe this was a secret spot for the locals who had a little money. I'm saying this because a look at the menu was enough to see that this was not normal prices for coffee like we had them in the café I work at. It wasn't the most expensive place, just probably not the cheapest either.
Speaking of my café, I actually had the morning shift today, allowing me to meet Lizzie in the afternoon.

I left the house 30 minutes early not wanting to get caught up in work traffic. Fortunately the streets were not that full and I found a parking spot relatively close. That's why when I arrived I still had 15 minutes to spare. I decided to take a little stroll through the alley, looking at the small shops and businesses. There weren't many, since it wasn't a popular street, however I found a cute little flower shop on the corner. Without thinking about it too long I went in and came back with flowers shortly after. You guessed it, sunflowers.

Hopefully she doesn't think it's too much.

When I entered the small coffee shop, I was stopped by a waiter. "Do you have a reservation?", he asks strongly, making me feel nervous.

"Ehm.. I don't know if my friend made.."

That's when I see Elizabeth wave from the corner of the shop. Relived I give her a small smile and turn back to the waiter and point to the blonde. "I'm with her." He turns to see if I'm right and then wishes me a nice stay in their café.
This feels weirdly elite in here. Which little café only works with reservations?

I arrive at our table and Elizabeth has already stood up to greet me. Before I can even think about how to welcome her she just goes in for a hug, which makes me smile on the inside. "Hey Elizabeth, it's good to see you.. I don't know if you like them but I brought you flowers from a little shop across the street", I mumble not wanting to seem to eager.

"Florence, I told you please call me Lizzie!" she smiles and the takes the flowers. "Those are beautiful. I love sunflowers, how did you know?"

I grin happily knowing that she likes them. "I just thought they fit your vibe. You just radiate yellow energy. Sunshine and happiness", I admit not being able to look her in the eyes while saying it.

Lizzie didn't seem to expect anything like this, which is why her cheeks began to blush a little. "No one has ever told me that. But I guess that's the songwriter in you. Always so poetic", she chuckles a little.
The waiter comes and we order our coffees.
"Speaking of songwriting, I saw that you followed my command and posted that song of yours. And like I said people are loving it! I even saw Taylor Swift comment!"

I instantly blush as well and can't force the smile coming up to stay away. She was right, people do love it. The numbers were increasing at an immense speed.

"You do know you don't have to stalk my page all the time right? You could just follow me maybe even comment here or there", I joke and look at her playfully. She runs her fingers through her long hair which gives me time to really take her in.
She was wearing black jeans and a white button up blouse. Her hair was braided into two long braids, which were awfully cute.

"Yeah I could do that.. but we're would the fun be?"
Lizzie gives me a mischievous grin.

"The fun would be that then I could follow you too, maybe even on Instagram. And then I could see what your up to all the time." Hopefully that didn't sound too needy. What am I saying, I have a girlfriend, I'm not needy. I just want her to be a friend.