|| 35 ||

Art: @nuishiron on Twitter

"Hey Dainslief! Wanna go out and spar with me? We've got a long day ahead of us, and you're out here picking flowers or what?"

'Is that me?'

"Amerie, are you neglecting your duties again?" Dainsleif happened to be standing by the garden, where there happened to be a long plant that almost resembled a tusk.

'Oh, not me. Amerie? Isn't that the person Dainsleif mentioned before?'

"Neglect? No way, as a royal guard I would never. Khaenri'ah needs us, don't they? Why would I be loitering around?" The stern glare Dainsleif was giving her started to creep up on her nerves.

"Really? How so?"

"....I'm going to go find Halfdan..." she turned the other way, placing a hand on the nape of her neck. Rubbing it gently.

"Amerie, get back here." Dainsleif, had more of a reprimanding but also demanding kind of voice when he talked. Making her nervously turn back around.

"What if I say no?" That was a dangerous question to ask; she knows fully well after knowing each other for all eternity, that she should never provoke Dainsleif.

"Is that provocation that I hear?" His eyes narrowed, as if he were to strike at her any second. Making her antsy, and shift her feet on the grass, slowly. And ready to run.

Amerie was always great at running away.

Because when you run away, you know that the target is you. And that you, should be running away from the person that's chasing you. Which gives you the most determination and motivation to escape in your entire life.

So she should run.

Y/n had been sitting on the ground, in a more comfortable and cushioned chair inside of her mind. And she was rather happy to be here.

Even though happy had never been in her vocabulary her entire life before.

Amerie was dodging and knocking down barrels as the handsome blonde man was chasing her through the grounds.

Two royal guards running around?

Now that's a sight to see.

If this were to be one of those horror films, where the woman keeps running away to avoid the killer, but gets caught—

Y/n probably would have let the killer get her if the killer happened to look like Dainsleif.

Even though she has the power to be able to escape his grasps, most likely definitely if he knew how to counterattack her visions.

Ah, getting off track. Apologies.

They were weaving things in the way, running through the garden entrance, going to opposite way of the garden, actually.

There, they happened to have been on the palace grounds this time. The grand building, which held the towering and blinding light. You could see it from miles and miles away.

Amerie leaned back, to avoid a sword that was thrusted towards her head. And she stared at the shining blade that reflected herself. Then back at the wielder.

"What's the matter? I thought you wanted to spar?" Dainsleif had a satire smirk on his face, and felt as if Amerie was being analyzed of everything about her.