Chapter 110

"Why aren't you going to Hogsmeade with your girlfriend alone?" Marlene asked Remus, the scold still lingering on her face.

     "It's a long story," Remus said distractedly, his eyes roaming the entrance hall as he searched for Diana. "We just rather not be seen alone together for a while."

     "Why not?"

   "Like I said, it's a long story."

     "Who else is coming with us, other than Diana?" Marlene questioned moodily. "I'm really not in the mood to meet new people."

     "It's her friend. I think you've already met her — oh, here they come," said Remus, waving at Diana and Layla over the chatting crowd, who waved back and started walking toward them.

    "Hey," Remus greeted the two Slytherin girls with a smile once they reached them, but his eyes lingered on Diana.

"Hi." She smiled back at him, but as much as she wanted to, she didn't run into his arms to kiss him. She stayed back, keeping a safe distance between them.

     Remus and Diana had agreed to keep physical touch to a minimum, which meant that they couldn't even hold hands in public for a while; or at least until Diana could figure out what she was supposed to do with the Evan Rosier situation.

     Evan had his own spies at Hogwarts — including Avery and Mulciber — which meant that Remus and Diana had to be more careful. This was exactly why they decided to go to Hogsmeade with their friends and not alone.

     "Er... sorry." Remus shook his head to drag himself back to reality and cleared his throat. "Peter, Marlene, this is Diana's friend; Layla. Layla, these are Marlene and Peter."

     "Hello." Peter gave her an awkward wave.

     "Yeah, I know her. We've already met," Marlene mumbled, her pale cheeks turning a bright shade of pink as the heated up, which others didn't seem to have noticed.

     "Should we get going now?" Peter interrupted. "I'm starving! I've been waiting all summer for a Hogsmeade trip so I could have a hot butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks."

     "But didn't you pass your Apparition exam last year?" Layla asked. "You could've just Apparated to Hogsmeade during summer break or taken the Floo Network to the Three Broomsticks whenever you wanted."

     "Yeah, I know." Peter shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "But my mum said I better not leave home on my own and go anywhere alone. It's not really safe out there, you know."

     "Yeah... I suppose you're right," Layla muttered gloomily. She hadn't exactly been having it easy over the summer either, seeing as her family had gone into hiding from the Death Eaters.

     "Well? Should we get going?" said Diana, wrapping her hand around Layla's arm.

     "What are you holding my arm form?" Layla raised a teasing brow at her. "Am I supposed to replace your boyfriend for the day?"

     Diana grinned. "Sure."

     "Fine. But no kisses allowed, Greengrass. I know I can be tempting sometimes, but I have standards," Layla said jokingly, looking Diana up and down.

     "Oh, yeah? And where were your so-called standards when you went out with Tom Walker?"

      "Oh, shut up." Layla shoved her and they laughed, walking out of the entrance halls' doors and getting into one of the carriages that would take them down to Hogsmeade's village.

***

Author's Note

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the long delay in updating and short chapters. My exams will be over in 15 days, and then I'll be back soon with daily updates on 'Queen of Disaster' and continuing 'Mischief Managed' throughout summer.

I'll see you again in two weeks! ❤️