( four ) it's never really over, I guess.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻:"𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝙸 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻:
"𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢
𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝙸 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

MACKENZIE, TEARS WHIPPING off of her face from the wind, biked with Max and Dustin to Family Video. After the Starcourt Mall shut down, Steve and Robin had started to work there together. They were their best hope for this whole situation.

The three friends got off their bikes once they reached the store. They leaned them against the wall quickly before walking over to the doors. Mackenzie sniffled, wiping away another tear that had managed to fall as Max and Dustin opened the double doors, the bell to signal somebody had entered ringing.

"Hey, Steve," Dustin began.

Steve gestured to the television, which was showing the news, making Mackenzie cross her arms over her chest and avert her gaze to the floor. "You guys see this?"

"How many phones do you have?"

"Someone was murdered," Steve continued, and Mackenzie saw her vision go blurry with more tears.

"How many phones do you have?"

"Uh, two, why?"

"Technically three, if you count Keith's in the back," Robin added.

Max looked at Dustin and nodded. "Yeah, three works."

"What are you doing?" Steve asked as Dustin flung off his backpack and slid it over the counter. "Woah, what are you—"

"My pile!" Robin complained as Dustin jumped over the counter.

"No, no, no, no! My tapes! Dude!" Steve approached Dustin as he sat down at the computer. "What are you doing, man?"

"Setting up base of operations here," Dustin answered, Max rounding around the counter to stand by him, but Mackenzie stayed in her same spot.

"Base of operations?" Robin repeated.

"Stop, get off of that," Steve scolded as Dustin started to type on the computer.

"No, I need it," Dustin insisted.

"Need it for what?"