Divine Position

[A/N: Hello my lovely readers! Before you begin, just a heads up! I will be updating tomorrow, but it might be a later upload than normal. Also, I have exciting news! After this book is completed, I have plans to begin a new one with the one and only Poe Dameron! Now that that's out of the way, remember that I love you all and I hope you enjoy! -K 🖤]

[🌿This chapter is long, contains swearing, slight sexual tension, perilous situations, and saddening angst.🌿]
***
"If I hear another word leave your goddamn mouth, I'm gonna leave you in this godforsaken jungle." Ben grumbled as we walked, slapping Will against the back of his head again.

After the commotion yesterday afternoon, tensions with Will had escalated severely. Everyone was finally attuned to what he had done, and in the revealing process, he had invoked the wrath of every person venturing in our mule train.

Every man had left some sort of permanent imprint on him, whether from a punch, a kick, or other violent measure that had been resorted to. Will still sported a black eye from when I brutally slammed my fist into his face.

As much as I hated to see the guys turn on each other and physically harm one another, I couldn't say that I didn't enjoy that fact knowing that Will had been physically dealt with. And harshly at that.

Santi had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to absolutely fuck William up, without worrying that I would be witnessing the moment.

Tom was leading us again and I followed directly behind him. Santi offered to walk behind me, which was more of an assertion than request. Fish and Benny followed, with Ben dragging Will who had been forced to remain at the end.

Every few moments he would mumble or quip sarcastically. Benny and Fish were prepared to throw anything they were holding in their hands at him upon hearing his voice.

"We should be coming up on the mountains here within the next few hours. But I think we should set up a temporary camp and rest for a while before trying to tackle the trail leading up the side of it." Tom directed over his shoulder, earning groans of agreements.

Our group decided to halt to a stop as Tom initiated his mule to slow so we could all rest for a few moments.

This particular day was immensely hotter than yesterday, and with hardly any clouds above, no cooling rain would fall on us and offer relief from the relenting sun.

I didn't need any more rain necessarily.

I sneezed into my elbow for an unknown time. Differing forms of "Bless you" was uttered by everyone except for the caboose of our train. "Thank you." I responded, sniffing and clearing my throat.

After being drenched from the rain yesterday and having to remain in my soaked clothes for hours, I was finding more symptoms to be harder to ignore.

"Kid, I thought I told you to not stay out in the rain for too long. This always happened when we were younger." Tom sighed and turned around towards me. He crossed his arms, "You wouldn't listen to Mom or Dad, and then you'd end up sick with some shit like pneumonia."

I secured my mule's rope around a tree and snuggly pulled it tight. "Tom, I'm fine. Whatever, it's a cold, I'll survive." I retorted, gently petting the mule's face as he began to eat the greenery on the jungle floor.

"Yeah, when you feel your lungs start to give out on you because of that little stunt in the rain, you tell me how easy it'll be to survive." Tom chuckled and approached me as I shook my head. "But, I'm glad you did. Or else, we wouldn't have known what a dick Will actually is. God, I never wanted you to fucking marry him."

I tilted my head and followed Tom back to his own mule. "What?" I questioned, never before hearing him admit this. "I thought you were supportive of us. I thought that's what you wanted."