Rest Your Head

Hide's PoV:

Humming, I playfully pout "it was worth a shot... I thought calling you cute would get me out of trouble of my past habits of calling random people attractive, but I was wrong. Can you ever forgive me?" I ask sarcastically, then laughing "but you owe me an apology too, going on a date with a woman. The only woman you should date is me with a wig on!" I joke.

Kaneki cracked a smile, then hitting me gently "shut it, that was my first. You used to call girls cute all the time, how am I the criminal?"

Shaking my head, I just hold Kaneki's hand and pull him away from the washing machine "it doesn't matter though, you know secretly I loved you all along~ you remember all the times I'd joke about us dating if I didn't get a girlfriend? It was me secretly hoping to get you to love me~"

"Looks like it worked." Kaneki elbowed me.

This was nice. To see him joking around with me like this... it was almost like nothing ever happened. Like all the pain Kaneki went through was completely erased. There was nothing to worry about anymore... he was finally with me again. I could keep him safe. Well... realistically I am useless. I'm just a human. Kaneki is a ghoul, a strong one... he could fight, and me? I was just meat. His aftercare. But I want to be strong for him... Kaneki has been fighting for so long, his whole life he's been fighting. He must be so stressed... I want to be there for him.

Resting my hand on my boyfriend's back, I began to lead him to the bedroom "come on handsome, it's time to sleep. You know it's almost morning now?"

Kaneki's PoV:

Following Hide to the bedroom, I then take off my dirty ripped up clothes and climbed into bed, wrapping myself up in the covers. So warm... and comfortable... sleeping on that chair was horrible. But now, I can relax. Poking my head out the covers, I watch Hide as he changed. His thigh was still bleeding... I could see it seeping through the cotton... sighing, I then look up into his deep eyes as he climbed into bed with me, laying opposite me.

"Don't hog the covers, I'm gonna get cold if you keep them all to yourself!" Hide chuckles, scooting under the covers and into my arms. He was so cuddly... but Hide was always affectionate. It was cute.

Wrapping my arms around him, I tuck Hide in and kiss his head "thank you for looking for me..."

"I'd search the ends of the earth for you." Hide mumbled, resting his head on my shoulder.

Stroking his blonde hair, I stare up at the ceiling in silence for a few minutes. Then, I glance down at Hide "Hide... one day, I want to run away with you. So we can start over... and... we can get married and live in a cozy little house."

Yawning, Hide nodded slowly "that sounds lovely, Kaneki... I'd love that..."