run!

The next morning, the two set out on the journey- again. It was getting quite tedious now frankly- Clarke chuckled to herself. But to be honest to herself, if she hadn't been fucking and pouting as much as she had then maybe they would've been there by now.
The two strolled together, hand in hand, Lexa began humming to herself- a bright, happy tune, one that had undertones of joy and hope.
Clarke loved it- to begin with.
After Lexa saw Clarke smile- hearing her hum, her ego increased by about 100000000 (i dunno how much specifically as i can't do maths💀)
She continued to hum, but increasing the pitch, every now and then, hovering right next to the blonde's ear as she did so.
The brunette reminded her of a idiotic bee. One that doesn't understand that if you really wanted to, you could kill. Obviously Clarke wasnt going to kill Lexa. But the thought was there. Defintley there, which only released a sharp pang and a twitch in her fingers whenever Lexa decided she was miss Elilsh( Billie) and started humming even louder and even more tone deaf than previously. It was as if she had something as stubborn as her loged deep inside her throat (dont. Even. Think.about.it.), that the brunette hated with a passion and thus was was attempting to clear her throat- harshly. So harshly in fact that it sounded like the older girl was choking but by her cheesy grin and doe eyes, it was clear she wasn't.
"Can you, maybe not?" Clarke said condensedingly- much like how Lexa was to her or heda should she say.
Lexa's face dropped. It was as if she had jumped upon a trampoline but got suspended in the air- her face morphoring into one gravity had taken its toll upon- her face so low it looked as if her skin was melting.
Clarke laughed. Before regaining her composure and patting the brunette on the arm gently.
Lexa's face remained drooped.
"You.. you didn't like it?" She said- her voice wavering slightly.
Clarke's heart immediatley ached- she hated seeing the brunette sad- even if it was over something stupid.
The blonde kissed the brunette's drooped face tenderly- anxiety sky rocketing- she didn't want to ruin what they had- didn't want an argument or such to start from such a small ordeal.
The blonde was pulled from her thoughts when she heard a snort.
A snort?! Since when were there pigs around here. Clarke opened her eyes and peered around her- searching for the source of the odd sound.
Her search was cut short when her eyes met Lexa's, the brunette's face was no longer distorted to one of shock but to one of humour. Her eyes squinted, her mouth stretched from ear to ear- teeth gleaming.
"I got you" she managed to say through strifled chuckles.
"Ughhhh" Clarke exclaimed, slapping the older on her shoulder.
After a few more slaps, and a lot more laughing ( and snorting) , Lexa stopped.
"What is it babe? The blonde questioned.
"We're here BabE" Lexa mocked- truly happy.
Clarke rolled her eyes at the pathetic attempt at mockery.
" we are?" The blonde questioned- face neutral ( if the brunette was beinf serious and this piece of barren land was her planned destination - then she had to respect it?) "
Clarke's cynical approach was not suprising as Lexa had led her to the middle of nowhere- with few trees and plants nevermind houses or even a shabby little hut.
Lexa smirked and grabbed Clarke by her palm.
The brunette started running- hand still  interlocked with Clarke's - dragging her with her as she ran.
"Lexa- wha..." THIS IS A BUSH NOT A SECRET PLACE" the blonde exclaimed- panicked when Lexa ran head firat into a bush of stinging nettles.
After the onslought of nettles, and a large commotion of screams- mostly from Clarke- the two finally found their way through the bush- hands still intertwined.
Clarke opened her eyes- feeling a sudden warmth across her face- then almost immediately, closed them again- the source of the warmth blinding her almost completely.
Lexa sharply pulled the blonde towards herself and started running- agaian.
" LEXA?!!" the blonde screamed utterly confused with the amount unneccary running the brunette was making her do.
The brunette finally stopped running.
Clarke immediately hunched over, grasping her knees, panting heavy.
Lexa laughed. Hard. They had ran for about a minute at a pace Lexa was consider a slightly fast walk.
Clarke opened her eyes- irritated.
"IT'S YOUR FAULT WHY DO YOU KEE- woah"
It felt as if she had just ran again- the air knocked out of her lungs, shock clear on her face.
A comfortably sized pale coloured building stood on the edge the woods, its walls marked with vines, the door looked slightly rotten ( so did the whole place honestly)
"Is this-"
"A cottage?" "Yeah" the brunette confirmed- smug.
" but, but how has it remained all these years?" Clarke questioned- astonished.
"No clue, but it's ours now" she spoke happily, a massive smile on her face, the blonde feared if the brunette smiled any harder, the muscles within her cheeks would just collapse and she'd remain looking like an elderly granny her whole life.
Clarke joined in on her goofy smile.
"This- this is AMAZING ARGHHH I LOVE YOU LEXA, SO MUCH" the blonde screamed, whilst simultanously running around the place, her arms flaing about.
The brunette laughed and took Clarke's hand again.
"Don't tell me we're running again" the blonde said with a pleading look.
Lexa rolled her emerald green orbs and  slightly dragged the blonde with her to the door of the cottage.
"I wanted you to see the inside- sorry if it's a bit messy it's just that I went to visit in previously and inside, it was as if a whole jungle had spawned and runined the place, so I cut some of it because I didn't want you to get hurt and-"
"Babe" clarke said sternly. " you're rambling" she said with a slight chuckle and a kiss to Lexa's lips.
"Right, sorry" the brunette said- embarrassed.
Clarke kissed her again and walked in whilst saying " ladies first".
Lexa walkes in after the blonde, confused as to what she meant. Was she trying to say Lexa wasn't a lady?!

AN: long chapter- im tryna compensate for not posting for a while. Yes. Im still sobbing oceans over villaneve.