76

After a decent FP1 and a disastrous FP2 where Daniella ended up crashing into the wall and was not able to go out for practice for the rest of the session she finally headed home. Her sister and stepmother have already arrived in Monaco and were also on their way. Max wanted to come over to her home later but Daniella asked him not to as she wanted to spend time with her family and just enjoy the night with them. Her boyfriend was of course understanding.

"Oh my god!" Collins gasped as soon as Daniella opened the door and welcomed her family. "Your house is so big and...wow! Everything looks expensive."

"It's nice to see you too Collins," Daniella sarcastically said, smiled, and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I know," Collins absentmindedly replied, too busy admiring the decor.

Daniella looked at her stepmother and smiled, immediately getting pulled into a warm hug.

"I am so glad you are okay," Jenna said to her stepdaughter. "I was watching the free practice on the flight and I saw you crash."

"Mom totally freaked out," Collins commented.

"I am fine," Daniella replied. "The car not so much though but it's already fixed so it's all good now."

She helped Jenna bring the two suitcases to the guest room while Collins was busy exploring the house.

"How is dad by the way?" Daniella asked her stepmother.

"He is fine," Jenna smiled. "He really wanted to come but work didn't allow him."

Daniella nodded.

Collins excitedly entered the room and jumped on Daniella from behind.

"Okay, I am totally taking a long bubble bath in your bathtub."

***

The next day Daniella arrived at the paddock with Jenna and Collins, all three of them riding bicycles and enjoying themselves.

Daniella was busy talking to Jenna, discussing what is going to happen in the FP3 and the qualifying session, and didn't realize that Collins fell behind. The younger Michaels was taking photos and filming.

"Where is Collins?" Jenna asked when she noticed that her daughter was not by her side.

Daniella immediately looked around, finding her younger sister talking to a certain Ferrari driver.

"Collins!" Daniella jogged to her, leaving her stepmother behind. "I told you to stay by my side."

"So you weren't lying when you said that Daniella is your sister," Carlos chuckled at Collins before locking eyes with Daniella and smiling.

Collins gave a 'i told you so' look with a hint of pride.

"I am so sorry about her," Daniella apologized. "She likes to wander around and disturb others," She shot her sister a quick glare.

"I was not disturbing him," Collins defended herself.

"She didn't disturb me at all," Carlos assured Daniella.

"I just asked him about the goal he dedicated to you," Collins gave a cheeky smile.

"Oh god Collins," Daniella groaned as her cheeks went red.

Carlos couldn't help but smile.

"What?" Collins shrugged. "It was cute."

"Come on, we have to go now," Daniella held her arm and tried to drag her away but Collins stayed put.