XXXVIII

THIRTY EIGHT: SEE YOU AGAIN

THIRD PERSON POV

2010

-Months later-

Seokjin... is definitely not like the Seokjin who I thought I knew.

"I cleaned the beds, and folded the clothes. I also helped the cafeteria ladies with food! They said it was superb! I also made a batch of cookies under their permission," Seokjin smiled as he presented the four boys with a batch of cookies.

"Are you sure you didn't poison this or something?" Namjoon asked as he sniffed the cookies.

"Say another harsh thing and I will send you flying," Seokjin replied whilst keeping his smile on, and that got a chill into Namjoon's spine.

"Oh come on, Seokjin just doesn't probably know how to express himself. Yet I didn't expect him to act like a malewife since he sent me 2 meters in one punch," Yoongi replied as he took a cookie.

"At first, I thought strength was something that needs to shown off for respect. But now, I guess being myself is much better than to gain respect," Seokjin smiled, and it felt like blossoms were falling down upon them.

"So you're actually not like that violent guy people told me about?" Jihoon replied as he bit down on a cookie.

"W-we shouldn't be talking about that...," Seokjin blushed in embarrassment.

"Jihoon, can I talk to you for a moment?" Yeonjun asked, and Jihoon nodded as he followed Yeonjun to a seperated place.

"Welp, this is a convenient last moment I can endulge before I get out of prison," Yeonjun chuckled and Jihoon's eyes widened.

"Y-you're leaving today?" Jihoon asked and Yeonjun nodded before smiling softly.

"You know, the reason why I became buddies with you was because... I wanted to fight you," Yeonjun sighed.

"My father... is a mafia boss. Well known and the most famous in underground business, of course he'd also want to see if I'm worthy of replacing him," Yeonjun said.

"So I wanted to fight you, Jihoon. I wanted you to find the most skilled members, the ones who're smart, but can't fight, and those who can fight but lack emotions," Yeonjun smiled.

"But... it looks like I can't really bring myself to see myself fighting you now," Yeonjun chuckled as Jihoon stayed silent.

"I may not be able to see you and your members again. Because I decided to leave being an underground gangster forever," Yeonjun said and Jihoon's eyes widened.

"What makes you... decide on that?" Jihoon asked and Yeonjun's eyes softened.

"I wanted... to also make sure my life is brighter. I realized after seeing you that I'm not even meant to be a delinquent in the first place, I had a dream for myself," Yeonjun replied.

"And with you, I'm confident to say that delinquents will become bigger, and stronger with you are around. I don't know your group name, but I promise to always support you.... because you're going to be number one," Yeonjun smiled as his eyes were starting to get glossy.

"Yeonjun... I'm gonna miss you," Jihoon sobbed as his eyes filled with tears.

"Agh, don't cry! You just got popular and now you're crying?! Take this," Yeonjun said as he placed something on Jihoon's open palm.

"What is... this?" Jihoon asked.

"An earring. The long earring I ussd to wear underground. Figured I won't need it now that I chose to live a normal life," Yeonjun replied as he lifted his bag up.