Eddie Munson❤️‍🔥

Y/D&D/N - your Dungeons & Dragons name

Imagine: Eddie was your childhood friend

You looked at your face in the mirror, you looked awful. Your cheeks were red and tear stained, your lip was cut after how hard you'd been biting it as you tried to stifle your tears and overall you just felt you looked like a mess. You didn't want to leave the bathroom and continue your crying, but the bell rang all too soon and if you wanted to keep up your reputation as a straight A student you knew you had to go to class. With a deep breath you collected yourself as best you could and left the school's bathrooms.
As you hurried through the halls to your next class, you felt as if everyone's eyes were on you. It was silly, they probably weren't staring at you but...they could be. Your boyfriend couldn't have made a bigger more humiliating scene when he broke up with you. You tried to walk as fast as you could without running but before long you felt tears prick your eyes again.
A hand on your elbow startled you. You jumped and turned to face the one person who you knew wasn't looking at you for the wrong reasons.
"Y/N."You looked at Eddie through blurry vision but you could see the concern on his face. He placed both his hands on your arms and pulled you into the nearest empty classroom, locking the door behind him as you broke down and cried."Y/N, hey hey shhhh."
Eddie sat down by the desk and pulled you into his arms, letting you sob into his weed scented, denim jacket. He stroked your back softly and waited for you to calm down, while whispering soft, unintelligible but you assumed comforting things into your hair.
After you felt able to talk again you removed your face from Eddie's chest and looked up at him."You heard everything?"
He nodded and you closed your eyes, willing yourself not to tear up again."But I know what he said wasn't tru-"
"It was."You admitted, unable to look at your childhood best friend anymore. Even though you didn't hang out in school anymore, Eddie was still your favourite person and sometimes your only person. Whenever your parents would fight, you'd always find refuge with him, whether it was in his uncle's trailer, the woods behind the school or parked in his car in the middle of nowhere. You always felt safe with him, you couldn't bear what Eddie would think of you now after all your ex boyfriend had said about you."I'm so stupid, such a huge slut, I should've never let him-"
"Y/N, shut up."Eddie cut you off.
You sniffed."I-"
"You are not stupid and you're not a slut."Eddie moved so he was now sitting cross legged in front of you."You are Y/D&D/N, ok? And that excuse for a man you used to date, he's a level 1 troll, not worthy of attention from anyone of your brilliance."
"Eddie."You tried to bite back a laugh as he stood up and made a face, you assumed trying to imitate a troll.
"In fact what do you say you join my campaign?"Eddie bowed and held out a hand to you."For old times sake?"
You smiled, unable to hide it and took his hand."Ok."
You squeaked a little as he pulled you to your feet.
"I'll see you later then, Y/D&D/N, don't be late and bring your A game."He winked before unlocking the door and holding it open for you.