Chapter 498 - Exposing Her Own Identity!

Nora followed the kidnappers all the way to an inconspicuous little house.

Surrounded by weeds, the place looked like a small community due to being demolished, except that the new houses hadn’t yet been built. Small houses of varying heights filled the place, making it very suitable for people who might have to flee or move about.

Therefore, Nora didn’t rush in immediately when she arrived.

Firstly, she was concerned that there might be an ambush inside.

Secondly, she was afraid that she wouldn’t be able to keep so many of them under control, which might allow Trueman to escape. Thus, she waited for a couple of minutes until Morris and Brenda arrived with the men from the special department. Only then did they rush in together.

Morris was dressed in a black windbreaker as usual, and he looked smart and dashing.

What surprised Nora was that Brenda was also wearing a black windbreaker, making her fair skin and black clothes form a sharp contrast. Coupled with the woman’s good looks, she looked exceptionally like eye candy.

Seemingly having sensed Nora’s gaze, Brenda raised her eyebrows and blew her a kiss in a dashing manner. She smiled and said, “Don’t be scared, Nora. Just stay behind me when we rush in later. I will protect you!”

“…Oh, okay,” Nora said.

Morris gestured behind him, upon which someone immediately came forward. One of the men pushed open the door gently and threw a smoke bomb into the room. Then, Morris kicked the door open with a loud bam and rushed in like the wind!

Brenda wanted to protect her sister-in-law, but when she turned her head, she instead saw Nora following closely after Morris and rushing into the room.

She got a huge shock at once. When she hurriedly followed them in, she found that Morris had already subdued one of the bodyguards while another bodyguard was attacking Nora!

Ever since her big fight with Abigail the other time, it had been very long since Nora last had a good workout. She was about to punch the man when something suddenly flashed across her vision. Brenda appeared in front of her and swiftly took down the big muscular man in front of her.

Then, she quickly kicked another man. They didn’t even need anyone else to do anything. She and Morris took out the four bodyguards two-to-one by themselves.

The smoke from the smoke bomb gradually dispersed. The others from the special department surrounded the place to prevent anyone from escaping. Nora quickly walked over to Louis. After making sure he was okay, she breathed a sigh of relief.

Louis, however, was dumbfounded. “Who are you?”

“It’s me.”

Nora took off the bag covering Louis’s head as she spoke. Upon regaining his sight, Louis’s eyes immediately reddened and tears fell from his eyes.

Thinking that he was badly frightened, Nora pressed her lips together at the sight. To be honest, this was indeed her fault.

After she sent the mail to Trueman as Q, she’d originally thought that he would text her and demand an explanation. However, the other party had instead gone silent.

After thinking about it for a while, when Louis went out, she suddenly realized that Trueman might have misunderstood something.

She had then immediately contacted Morris. She also went after Louis, but before she could catch up to him, he had been kidnapped.

As a result, she hadn’t been able to talk to him about this in advance.

At the bottom of it all, she was the one who had implicated Louis.