Part Six

warnings: none :) just a lil bit of jEaLoUsYyyyYYYYyyy

"This is my best friend, Gwen."

You looked at the blonde girl closely. You'd never seen her before, and you doubted that you'd seen a variation of her in your world, either. Her eyes were a very pretty shade of blue, and she was looking between yourself and Peter curiously.

"Gwen, this is Y/n," Peter introduced. "She's... uh..."

Peter looked at you, and you saw the question in his eyes.

"I'm from a different universe," you supplied, making Gwen's eyes widened.

"Like – like the Multiverse?" she asked excitedly. When you nodded, she turned to Peter. "Oh my god, Peter, this is the stuff we were theorising about!"

The girl smiled brightly, but you couldn't help the pang of uncomfortableness you felt when Peter smiled back. After a moment you realised that it was jealousy that you were feeling. There was no need for it, but it was there.

"So, Y/n," Gwen said, a curious look on her face, "when did you get here? And what are the differences in your world? Is there a Peter Parker in your world too? Is there a Gwen Stacy?"

"Gwen, chill out a bit," Peter said with a laugh, stretching.

Gwen laughed nervously.

"Sorry," she said. "I'm just – this is just really cool."

You smiled a bit at the girl. She looked like she was your age, but she held herself like she was older.

"There is a Peter Parker in my world," you said. "I'm not sure about a Gwen, though. Sorry."

Gwen waved her hand.

"That's fine, don't apologise," she said. "I have so many questions–"

"Which I'm sure Y/n can answer soon enough," Peter interjected. "Gwen, why are you here?"

"Oh, right," Gwen said, shaking her head. "I saw the fight on the bridge on the tv last night. I came to check up on you."

Your tummy gave another uncomfortable feeling at the interaction.

Stop that, you thought. There's no need to be jealous. It's just Peter.

But it wasn't just Peter. It was Peter Parker, the boy you had a weird connection with. The boy who was kind to you even though he barely knew you. The boy who also happened to be the cutest guy you'd ever seen.

"Well, it seems to not like fire," Peter mused, and you realised you'd missed part of the conversation while thinking about the boy in front of you. "When Y/n attacked it with her powers, it didn't like it. At all."

Gwen nodded slowly, placing her fingers against her chin. As she thought it over, you took a glance at Peter, who was already looking at you. You raised an eyebrow at him, and he narrowed his eyes in thought.

"Maybe–"

"Peter Benjamin Parker!"

Peter winced at the voice, and hurried over to the door.

"I'll be back," he groaned, before leaving the room and shutting the door.

"That was his Aunt," Gwen supplied. "Does your Peter have an Aunt May?"

You nodded, thinking about the woman. The woman who was so kind to you, who always invited you out for Thai and baked with you.

"Yeah," you replied. "She's really nice."

Gwen nodded, and then asked you about how you got here. You told her pretty much everything; the light in the alley, the glass, and then Peter finding you. You two fell into a silence after you'd finished. You shifted your feet awkwardly, unable to figure out something to say to her.

"Are you and your Peter dating?"

You whipped your head to her at the question.

"No. Why?" you questioned.

Gwen just shrugged.

"You two – this Peter, I mean – seem... I don't know. You seem really in-sync," she reasoned. "You two... I don't know, it seems like you have some sort of connection. Like... you two just seem to know each other. Like when you both got into defensive positions at the same moment when I entered, and when you knew what he was trying to say..." She laughed to herself. "Sorry, that's kind of weird."

"No, no," you said quickly. "I...uh... I feel it too. I'm not sure if he does, though."

Gwen grinned.

"I'm sure he does," she assured. "I mean, he definitely seems... a bit different about you. In a good way."

A small smile made its way to your lips at the thought that maybe he felt something too. Before you could dwell more on it, the door opened, and Peter entered. His face was slightly flushed, and his eyes immediately found yours before going to Gwen's.

"May wants to know if you're staying for lunch or dinner or anything," he mumbled to Gwen.

Gwen looked between Peter and you briefly before shaking her head.

"I have a family thing on," she explained. "Maybe another time."

You all stood there for a moment in silence, before Gwen got up to leave. Peter walked her out, and you stayed in his room, due to May being in the house. When May left, you were definitely going to look at photos of baby Peter.

You sat on his bed and allowed flame to wreathe your hand as you held it out in front of yourself. The fire calmed you easily, maybe because they were one of the few things you had control over. Embers crackled through the air, and the flames danced around your fingers.

"You're not gonna burn my house down, are you?"

You looked up to see Peter looking at you and the flames. He didn't look at you in fear, however; there was a smile on his face, and it warmed your heart that he wasn't scared of you and your powers like everyone else.

"No, I won't," you sighed, extinguishing the flame. "It just... it calms me, y'know?"

Peter nodded and sat beside you. You two sat in silence for a while, but it wasn't uncomfortable. You enjoyed it, actually. Just sitting here, with him, in a comfortable silence. It was nice.

It was also the first time you'd enjoyed silence since your Hydra years, you realised with a start.

Man, what was this boy doing to you? First you opened up about your trauma, and now you were overcoming parts of it? You two must really be connected.

You just hoped he felt it, too.

okay y'all i have one more chapter written and three more chapters planned out, plus maybe some bonus chapters :)

ALSO... there will be NWH and MoM spoilers in this!! The MoM spoilers aren't massive (I don't think... haven't written it yet so not sure), so I'll be adding that to the author's note and the front of the book thingo :)

anyways i hope ur having a lovely day, don't forget to drink water and take care of urself <3