Ares Pt. 1

I hate cod. If I see a cod it's effect it with wither and watch it die. And with that I also hate that stupid little Gil and his water. The only thing that keeps me from killing him is Aunt Gem. I refuse to see him any other time then at school. 

I scooted closer to Wilder in hopes of being on a potion brewing team with him but it's just my luck that I get Gil. I watched as Wilder trotted off to be with Ruby. "Gather around students," Aunt Gem said, "You'll be brewing a random potion with a teammate and you'll choose the potion from this bag. Each one has a slip of paper in it and you'll read it to find out your potion. Ready?"

"Yes!" Shouted Coral. Gil stepped forward to pick a slip but I slapped him down.

"No," I said. I reached in and grabbed a paper. When I read it I saw that it was a potion of Fire resistance. At the bottom I read, Don't go cheap on me. I want the full eight minutes. I sighed. The only thing that Aunt Gem had provided was blaze powder. This was going to be a long day.

"What'd you get?" Gil asked.

"You get the nether wart, I get redstone and magma cream. Deal?" I just wanted to get this over with.

"Alright," Gil shrugged.

We flew off towards Gem's portal and luckily, we were in a basalt delta where I could easily get some magma creams. Gil flew off towards a fortress while I hunted down some magma cubes. Once I had a few I flew off towards the Grimlands Portal which thrust me out in the heart of my home. I quickly ran towards the Forge and found some redstone. When I came out I saw Tiger.

"TIGER!" I yelled. A bit over the top but they knew me. Tiger jumped in surprise and soon raced over to me.

"Hi Ares. Have you seen Enoki? She went to grab some sugar and I don't see her yet?"

"I haven't seen him around here although I just got here."

"Thanks anyway." Without another glance Tiger was gone. It was strange for Enoki to not be in the Sugarcane Fields that connected their Empires. When I walked up to it not a single plant had been harvested. It was strange to say the least.

I rocketed back to the Crystal Cliffs where Gil was waited with three awkward potions. Wilder and Ruby were almost done while Meza and Cherry had just started. I tossed in the magma cream then added the redstone. 

I don't know what happened. Ruby's potion exploded in her face, showering her with gray sparkles. The only thing that could mess up the smart kid was her partner and Wilder looked just as surprised. A bit of glow stone was on the edge of the caldron so I hid my hand which was currently polished in the shiny dust. 

"I didn't do it," I said.

"Sure," said the entire classroom, Ruby the loudest.

"Hey Ares, we're done," Gil said, snapping me out of the others furious gaze. He held his hand up for a high-five but I declined. I really hate him but he did well. He was the second best student behind Ruby, of course. Nobody could top his cousin who lived with the crazy sensible aunt. 

The rest of the students started arriving and brewing. Tiger arrived alone which was strange. Enoki was the third best student and this was off his schedule. Tiger was still able to brew his speed potion alone.

"Alright students. Ares, Gil, you guys finished first. Next was Meza and Cherry. Wilder, Ruby, you guys were third. After that was Dawn and Coral and next Tiger and ...Enoki? Where's Enoki? Where's Enoki?! Oh Shrub's going to be so mad at me. Has anyone seen Enoki?!"

"No," Tiger simply answered. Aunt Gem was piping mad and completely stressed to the maximum level. Even more stressed than Katherine was about Cherry. And that was a lot.

——

That night I pulled my covers over myself and closed my eyes shut. I tried falling asleep but the question still loomed in my head. Where was Enoki?

————

Author's Note: Thank's for reading book and please enjoy. Word count: 695. Have a good life.