Okay, Let's try this again!

And now you are asking, "What clock? What is he talking about?"

All the facts were coming together, and none of it was good!

There was a group out there, 100 strong, fanatically focused on Charles Manson and his Helter Skelter, some of them had high-level military training, and the group potentially had access to top-level military weaponry. To make matters even worse, they were likely behind the kidnapping of several innocent men who had access to military and historic installations in Alabama and Florida. 

But why take those men? 

What was I missing?

*Although the first attempt was not successful, it may be necessary to make another attempt to see what is in their camp.*

As much as I hated doing so, I knew Becky was right. I had to go back there.

But this time, I was going in my absolute best.

Becky and I spent the rest of the day discussing the best tactics for the second attempt at sneaking and peeking; we went over the suit discussed possible alterations, implemented those, and considered even more.  We had to find ways to avoid the human guards, while still being invisible to the motion and heat sensors.  The human part was fairly easy; Becky programmed the suit with camouflage capabilities that would make me virtually invisible to the naked eye.

Cool, right?!

The sensors were more of an issue as I knew my muscles would not let me move as I had before after only one night of rest. I would have to go in upright, which meant the sensors could easily pick me up, and alarms would sound. If that happened, I would have only two choices; run again knowing they would not give up this time, or fight my way through them and take on the whole gang at one time. I wanted to avoid this as well, as I did not know who was in there, or what kind of firepower they had. I could take a lot, but I was not Superman!

Then, I had an idea.

Calling up a topographical map of the area on Google Maps, I located the spot where the Manson's Children gang would be. When I saw what it was, I mentally kicked myself for not having done this sooner. 

The entire area was a massive crater!

As near as I could gather from my research, geologists believed that a meteorite hit the area around 50,000 years ago, resulting in a space several hundred acres in diameter with sides reaching an easy 200 feet in the air. Having existed for 50,000 years and being well insulated from the surrounding area during that time, the resulting crater had developed an ecosystem and vegetation growth that was uniquely productive and free from pollutants. My readings showed that the ground in the area was potentially highly fertile. However, all investigations of the area had ended around 10 years ago when a private individual bought it from the state and claimed it as their own.

Would you like to take a guess as to who that individual was?

If you thought it was a certain Senator Byrnes of Florida, you would be absolutely right!

Apparently, he bought it, and forbade any further geological testing of the area, then cordoned it off as private land and would not allow anyone on it.

As Alice would say, Curiouser and curiouser.

The more I was learning, the more I knew I needed to get to that site and see what was going on!

*But caution is key, Jonathan. You must not become too confident or excited this time.*

Yeah, tell me about it!

Now that we knew it was a crater, we proceeded to plan a very different course of action. Instead of creeping along the ground, I would take a look inside from above! I could get to the side of the crater, jump to the top, and view everything from my vantage point up there.