Lapaata

LAPAATA: Lost 

I walked into Aarush room to freshen up as I couldn't spend a minute alone with Yash. I wasn't sure what was happening? But the equation between us was surely changing. I couldn't place was it for better or worse? I had confessed that I wanted to give our relationship a chance, but at the same time I was unsure about my emotions. Whether I wanted to give it a chance or didn't?

At that moment, at that instance. The overwhelming memories of Rishi, the undeniable pain experienced by my heart. Needed an excuse so I used him. I fucking used Yash. He was so correct when he voiced those words outside the mansion. I was infuriated, upset and furious by his statement as he was giving up on us, but there wasn't anything between us to be given up for.

He was just a piece of source I looked upon to provide me with relief from my grief. I had used him at each point in time and was constantly abusing his feeling. I needed some space from him. I needed to gain myself together. I couldn't opt to provide him with new hope, only to crush it into pieces. I wasn't going to let the emerging crush to further destroy him into pieces.

So, I opted not to descend downstairs from Aarush room. I could hear chores happening in the living area. They were preparing for departure. I was aware I won't be able to glance at Yash for a month but I opted to keep hidden in the room. Excusing myself for preparing Aarush for school. Minutes later the living area went silent and I decided to walk downstairs with Aarush. Convincing him about Yash disappearance was going to be a tough job so I decided to inform him after school or he would show tantrum to attend it.

After dropping Aarush to school I had off time, decided to meet Ishika. I had much to unbottle myself and none was a better companion than her. As I entered the familiar café, the odour of coffee was offered to me with numerous flavours of desert.

My eyes roamed on the beautiful interior. Ishika had taken effort to provide it a homey vibe, placing some pictures of her family in a far corner along with some frequent customers. The glorious fact about the café was their customer service. Ishika treated her customer as a part of her family. Never growing impatience with the demanding attitude or rude command.

My eyes soon met the owner that had fitted herself with a beautiful pair of floral gown as she offered a beautiful smile at her enthusiastic customer. I smiled at her exchange with a five-year kid and soon walking towards the counter.

"Good morning... busy girl," I commented grabbing her attention from her notebook. The place where she entered the orders.

"Hey," she seemed taken aback as her black orbs danced in amazement. "Visit before Sunday, are things alright?" Suddenly concern lapping her beautiful fair spirit as she stared at me a minute longer. As if she was certain even if I attempt to hide her, she would read it from my face.

"Seems like our Sunday plays are going to be disturbed. If you don't mind Aarush frequent demand on tasting each desert for an hour on weekend." She chuckled listening to my remark.

"I adore that kid so don't you even think, he is a burden." She muttered walking towards the kitchen as she handed the piece of paper to the cook. It wasn't a large area but rather small. Containing total number of four tables and a counter at the corner on the right. A small widow adjoining it to the kitchen from where the orders were handed to her.

"But why sudden change in plan? Is Yash getting busier?" She inquired glancing at her café if anyone was in need of her assistance.

"Hmm... He is on a business trip for a month." And suddenly her orbs glanced at me in suspiciousness. A minute longer as I wasn't providing her with any justification as she had anticipated. "What had you committed that forced him to end up on a business trip for a month?" She accused bluntly making me to narrow my eyes at her.