Pyaar

PYAAR: Love 

Soon, the drop of tears was covered by the overpowering rain drenching me. The heavy wind blowing around me was making it impossible to keep my eyes open. Yet I kept staring at the swing as if I watched keenly. I would get a glimpse of Rishi standing at the position. The darkness spreading around was indicating that I had spent more than a few hours in the garden but my heart wasn't in a condition to leave. The only place in the entire universe that provided me with hope about his existence.

"Should I envy him that he was offered with such unconditional love?" I heard a familiar mushed voice making me turn and glance at the source. His exhausted state was drenching in the rain as relief passed through his senses. "Aai informed you might be here. You had asked for a few hours, not twelve hours." He rolled his eyes at me, displeased with my action.

I turned away from him, facing the swing again. I heard his footstep approaching me but didn't provide him with attention. I wanted to be left alone with my Rishi's memories yet he was against my peace. "Was this the place you both met?" I could sense a hint of curiousness in his voice. "Come on! I at least deserve to know your love story." I couldn't believe him. I stared at him in utter amazement. Was he even human? How could he be excited to know about the person that wasn't allowing me to acknowledge his efforts?

"Don't you feel heartbroken?" I inquired, concentrating on him. "It isn't necessary to act strong. Sometimes, behaving vulnerable is fine." I muttered not liking his manner of hiding the pain from the world.

"What is there to be vulnerable about? Just that my feelings aren't reciprocated." He shook his head, chuckling at the end. "Holding a feeling for someone doesn't guarantee that it will be reciprocated. That doesn't mean I should be heartbroken."

"But when one's expectations aren't met, one is heartbroken."

"You had warned me not to expect anything from you. Then how could I be heartbroken?" He inquired and for the first time, those emotions flashed in his eyes. "You had warned me but it was my stupid heart that went in the wrong direction. You can't blame yourself for it. That was the reason I had concealed it from you. I wasn't aspiring you to feel guilty for not reciprocating the feeling. I don't have any problem with..."

"You need to stop acting so kind." I stood from the bench, glaring at him in rage. Though the overpowering rain was making it impossible to glance at him properly. "You need to act selfish. Stop! Forgiving me, stop acting selflessly... you need to be furious with me, upset not understanding." I groaned grabbing his collar in my fist as tears kept rolling down my cheek.

"Would that allow you to fall for me?" The sudden desperation was visible in those set of brown orbs. He chuckled shaking his head in defeat. "If my kindness couldn't melt you then how come my rudeness will?" His orbs softened as he stared into my soul. I felt melting into the intensity of his orbs.

"Why do you love me so much?" I stared at him, feeling helpless as I realise the determination his love had.

"I wish... I could answer it. Maybe that would have helped me to erase the feeling I had for you." His voice soften as his cold hand raised to cup my cheek. If I wasn't standing in such proximity to him, I might have never heard it.

"You regret it?" I wasn't sure why I wanted to inquire about it. He shook his head a grin playing on his lip at my question.

"I can never..." He muttered staring straight into my orbs.

There was silence between us for a few minutes as our ragging breath and heavy wind were the only source of the sound. "You will catch a cold. Let's get you into the car." He muttered wanting to pull away from me.