Chapter- 14 misunderstanding

Author's POV

After he had gone on a business trip, Megha mornings were not like the mornings a few days ago. She was missing the warmth of his embrace when she woke up. He used to tease her a lot recently, and now she is missing that.

"Oh, don't act like a fucking teenager, Megha. He is not your boyfriend, but your husband who never reciprocates your feelings."

"You have to work," Megha groaned to herself and got ready to go to work.

"Miss Sehari, we bought the shares as you said, but we still need many shares to become the major shareholder," Mr. Williams informed Megha as soon as she came to the office.

"Keep buying, Mr. Williams, and don't buy with the same name. Make sure to buy with different names from different sources. Even if it is less, just keep buying. He is out of the country now, so take advantage of that and try to communicate with the members who are involved in higher management," Megha replied with a cunning smile.

"I don't know what you will do, but I want to be the major shareholder. That's it."

"Ok, I will keep updating," Mr. Williams said and left from her office.
.
.
.

Megha received a call from her best friend when she was engrossed in work. SHe smiled warmly as she picked up the call.

"Hello Megha, I am coming to your house this evening. Are you free? Even if you are not free, come home early to meet me," Nidhi said in the call, not giving Megha a chance to deny.

"Have you completed the movie?" she asked.

"Yeah, and now I have time for one month to rest," Nidhi replied cheerfully.

"Ok then, I will meet you at our house in the evening," she commented, signing on the document.

"Ok, see you later," Nidhi muttered before disconnecting the call.

"I have to shop for more dresses. If another film starts, then I will not have time for shopping," Nidhi mumbled and started her shopping.

Midway through her shopping, she felt thirsty and headed towards a coffee shop and there someone bumped into her and all the bags in her hands slipped from her hand and fell down.

"You idiot, can't you see?" she cursed him, and started picking up her bags.

"I am sorry but it was not intentional," he apologized immediately, and picked up the bags from the floor, and was about to give them to her but someone dashed him, making him fall on her.

It caught her off guard, and she fell on the floor directly, and he fell on her.

"You pervert," she shouted, struggling under him. He stood up quickly and helped her to stand.

"Hello, it's not me but someone dashed me, can't you see?" he growled.

"Is he your friend? Is it your plan to bump on me or what?" Nidhi roared madly while straightening her clothes.

"Hello miss, don't assume things on your own and I have better taste," he said and left just like that.

"Rascal, who does he think he is?" she huffed and walked into the coffee shop.

It's already evening when she completed her shopping. She bought all the things she wanted and some unwanted too, then decided to go to Megha's house.

She kept all her shopping bags in her car and started the car to go.

While driving to Megha's house, she remembered something and stopped the car on the side of the road and walked into a convenience store.

She bought some snacks and headed towards the counter, but this time she bumped into someone.