lxxvi. a pinky promise

CHAPTER LXXVI
a pinky promise

CHAPTER LXXVIa pinky promise

NEW YORK, USA2024

AS HAPPY MADE SOME BREAKFAST,

noah was sat in the living room. he hadn't spoken a single word this morning, still processing in everything that was on his mind.

it was fucking crazy, he thought — like, it almost felt like a dream. wait, was it a dream? had he went into a coma and started dreaming about the most wacky stuff ever? noo..

to distract himself from his weird and stressful thoughts, he had grabbed his guitar — something that he hadn't picked up in a very long time. with everything that had been going on for the past few years, he hadn't been using it as frequently as he had hoped to.

so, he saw the opportunity this morning and took it — he was sat on the couch, legs crossed as he gazed down at the guitar, his fingertips ever so slightly gliding across the strums.

before he could even start properly playing the instrument, peter had arrived. he slowly wandered into the room, his gaze immediately averting towards noah.

"wooow.. it's about time." peter teased, referring to the guitar.

as he spoke, he approached noah, his steps gentle and slow. he then took a seat right next to the slightly taller boy, also looking down at the guitar as he slightly slumped into his chair.

noah muttered, "ha. ha. you know, before all of this happened, i was actually thinking about serenading you. but, i guess i won't be anymore."

peter's face lightened up as soon as noah had said that. eyebrows slightly raised, he leaned forwards, unsure if noah was even being serious or not.

"wait, really?"

noah smirked a little after seeing peter's reaction. he almost laughed, even. but nonetheless, he nodded his head, a mixture of sarcasm and seriousness both planted upon his face.

"yes, really." he hummed.

the spiderling's face lit up even more. he let out a flustered laugh, looking away for a moment as he did so.

"awh, promise to serenade me after this is all over?"he wondered.

noah couldn't exactly deny it, especially since it was peter who was the one asking him. his gaze softening upon the slightly shorter teen, he smiled warmly.

"promise."

as he spoke, he held out his pinky finger, peter doing the same. they both intertwined fingers for a split second, making the promise a proper promise — a pinky promise.

"yeah, yeah, whatever." happy then mumbled with disgust from the kitchen. "move or you're both gonna be late."

noah rolled his sea green eyes to the sky, glancing at peter one last time before he stood back up, leaving the guitar on the couch.