The Seawitch's Regret (0)

A Prologue of Regrets

Her beautiful body, once danced beautifully and draped in moonlight, laid lifeless and disappeared as it shall become emerged with seafoam never to breathe the same air, you and I do again.

...

There were always moments in life, that everyone took for granted.

That was all of my first thousand years of living.

I took it all for granted. Every. Single. Second.

What I had was the most precious treasure ever and one day I lost it all like the streams of sand crumbling, falling so slow through my fingers, yet never shall ever seen again.

Even before that, everyone told me I wasn't fit to have that treasure.

The other merfolk even shunned me for staying by the treasure.

I didn't get it.

But I always wondered why we were hated so much.

We were despised, given deadly stares, and called monsters of the sea.

I guess it was because Mermaids and SeaWitches as humans called us never got along.

I was raised that way, I was told that.
They told us to never bother them because anything we do they would become fearful of.

Our kind had magic that no other seafolk had.

They feared us for it like we were sly demons planning to take over.

It wasn't until I returned after that sunrise, I realized why they hated us so.

Misfortune always befell them after we were involved so then the stories spread.

They spread so far that the original story was long gone and it was twisted in its own cruel way.

For in that version, the sea witch was the villain and wanted the princess' voice so the princess would turn into seafoam.

The seawitch wanted things to end cruelty and was glad that a human princess came into the picture.

But none of those things were true.

The seawitch wasn't even evil nor wanted anything bad to happen to the princess, in fact the ones that caused it if you want to blame someone would be the prince for not realizing how amazing she was...

After all, every story is fabricated and no story is fully truth.

I brushed my dark hair to the side and sighed.

If only I done something, then maybe I wouldn't feel this sense of regret.

But even with all my efforts, she refused to have me do any of it.

Her fate was already sealed the moment she took a step out from the sea.

For this is a tragedy of how I,Witch-- as I now embrace what I truly am-- Alehkzir killed my precious treasure and best friend, Princess Levias, the mermaid.

~~~

So I lied.

I meant if people see this chapter and want more because this is essentially the synopsis 😳😥

Also since it is pride month and I've been thinking about this for awhile now since last week, my first thought was guy but then I was thinking in the story the sea witch is a woman--usually, so I going back in forth between guy, girl, and nonbinary or Agender, but yeah I finally decided Alehkzir is nonbinary.

They honestly don't care what pronouns people use for them, because they identify as more than one gender and fit in with being more than one.

I'm honestly really excited about this too and wanted to have a character they fit with me more in that stance since I'm asexual and feel close to nonbinary...

I guess I'm still figuring out the terms and identities for each one, but it is one of the ones in that section or umbrella terms and like me you can call me he, you can call me she, you can call me him, you can call me her, or you can call me they or them.

But anyways if this gets enough attention I will do more sooner if not I'll update like when I have 10ish chapters already written.