Meeting

I stayed silent, pretending to be asleep and following Xavier's plan.

I begged him to tell me anything they knew about the attack and attempted kidnapping, but he told me neither Vito nor Theo wanted me to have any knowledge on the situation.

And since Theo is still acting boss of the French, and Vito is the new boss of the Italians, no one could disobey them.

Except Xavier.

So, he picked me up, and I wrapped myself around him. Then, he took me to the meeting room where they all were besides Theo and Andrea, and set me on the sofa so I could pretend to be asleep and hear everything they were saying.

What I wasn't expecting though, was exactly what I heard.

"The Serpents are an organisation of assassins, and will do almost anything for the right price. Someone paid this man to try and take Liv away from us." Xavier explained as he lifted me up again, not bothering putting his shirt back on, and took a seat at the table with me in his lap.

"Who would want to take Liviana? Alexi is dead, we have his son and are currently brokering a peace agreement." Gio said as he sighed in his seat.

"Maybe it's someone else." Rina stated, "someone else who wants to hurt our family."

They sat in defining silence for some time, not even a sigh being heard.

Till Luca finally spoke, "I say we torture the bastard till he tells us who he was paid by."

At that moment, Andrea and Theo entered the meeting room. From the sounds of things, in other words, their stomping, I think they were unsuccessful.

"Liv, I know you're awake, stop pretending." Theo said as he stood beside Xavier and I holding out an ice frappe for me.

With a sheepish smile, I took it off of him. Then smacked Xavier's chest as he sat there chuckling at me.

"So, since you have been awake this entire time, care to share any input you have?" Leo grinned as he spun around in his swivel chair.

Smiling innocently, I told them "Maybe it's someone we don't expect to be an enemy, someone who for some reason has it out for us."

"I thought that part was obvious." Leo rolled his eyes.

"I think it's the Spanish Mafia." I stated simply.

The room suddenly became tense, all eyes on Xavier despite him tensing behind me as well, his hand no longer playing with my hair.

"My brother?" He spoke. His tone wasn't mad, but more surprised at how I came to that conclusion.

"Think about it, you haven't talked to your brother in years, there's a mafia war going on, you disappeared for three years, then news got around that you were shot by Theo Vitale, acting boss of the French and younger brother to the Italian boss."

Nodding his head, Vito mumbled, "that does make a lot of sense."

"And if he has no idea I'm actually safe with you guys... we may not be close, but he'd never let anyone hurt me." Xavier spoke as he hugged me tighter to his chest.

"So then, what's the plan?" Andrea spoke.

Since he came inside the meeting room, Andrea hasn't left my side, but now, he has a tight grip on my hand.

He's scared to lose me again.

"We fly to Spain, and explain the situation." Xavier said.

"I'll come too, it's time I tell him." No one but Xavier seemed to know what that meant, but Xavier agreed with whatever Vito was going on about.

"I'll come too." I said, only to have everyone in the room shout 'no' all at once.

"What! Why not?" I shouted in retaliation.

"Carlos is under the impression that you are the enemy. Take the youngest and most valuable family member into enemy territory and you're signing your own death certificate." Gio explained to me.

I don't care.

"I'm not safe here and I'm not safe there, I'd much rather be with the two of you knowing what's going on then here and being in the dark." I said, talking to Xavier and Vito.

"The decision is final, you're not coming." Vito told me.

"Mi amor, estoy de acuerdo con tu hermano. Quédate aquí para que sepa que estás a salvo." Xavier muttered in my ear.
My love, i agree with your brother. Stay here so I know you're safe.

I just nodded my head and curled closer to him in his lap.

If it meant Xavier and Vito were more concentrated on the situation at hand, and less likely to be hurt, I'll stay here.

"Now can we torture this bastard?" Luca begged, a put on his face.

Little fucking psychopath

"There's no point, we go through months of viscous training before we're sent to work, he won't say a word." Xavier informed, making me give him a worried glance.

How viscous?

It was an awkward silence for a few moments, till Rina finally spoke.

"Liv, you're gonna need some training now that you're home. From computers all the way to making bombs.

"I'll do that when I get back with you." Xavier said, before he whispered in my ear, "just don't wear too revealing clothes or we might not even make it to the gym."

"That leads me onto another bit of information, Liv, I'm also assigning you a body guard for the foreseeable future." Theo told me, offering a smile.

"Who?" I questioned.

"Logan."