Chapter 1: The Summoning

Authors Note: Chapter 5: The Fisherman is considered to be the first chapter of this story. The first four chapters of this story is more of a creative writing setting the base for the world until I found out how story is going to be.

———

The United States of America

New York City

January 1, 2025, 6:00 A.M.

"Right now, it's six o'clock! The sun is rising, and the weather is looking great!" The newscaster says from the radio.

"Do people even listen to the damn news?" The taxi driver says, tempted to change the radio channel.

"Nah, it will be worthwhile in this god-forsaken traffic of New York. Especially after the new year." The passenger laughs while looking in front and behind the taxi, then back at his phone.

The driver rests his arm on the right of his seat and looks at the passenger, "Alright. Your fare will be five dollars more when we actually get there." He smiles.

He looks up from his phone, "You serious?"

The two stare at each other for a moment, allowing for the sounds of honking coming from the taxis and cars to be audible, a sound that they're familiar with.

"I'm just kidding. Ya, not on the same page?" The driver looks at the passenger's phone.

The passenger chuckles and puts his phone away.

As they listen to the useless information from the news, the two of them are blinded by a white light. A second pass and the two can finally see. It's like nothing happened between the two.

The passenger noticed that the driver looked disoriented and asked, "Hey, did you feel something strange... like you were flash banged?"

The driver slumps back onto his seat, "It felt like... I had the worst tinnitus attack in years." As he's staring aimlessly at the long traffic ahead.

The radio speaks with more static, "This just in! Multiple reports of unidentified white light sightings are spotted across multiple parts of the United States! Experts at this station will be explaining the cause behind the white light that happened to many people." The driver rotates the volume knob to hear more of what's going on.

"Hey... aren't the clouds different?" The passenger looks up to the skies in awe.

"You high or what? The clouds are always the same here." The driver remarks.

As the driver looks up to the sky in curiosity, he realizes that the passenger isn't on some substances.

———

Kingdom of Reinburg

Freita

June 4, Dual Calendar Year 1589, 6:00 A.M.

Reinburg Air Traffic Center

"Magnius! What's up with this blinding light that just occurred!" Bael shouts to him as he looks around the tower's windows with his binoculars.

"You got it, too? Hell, I don't know what's happening." Magnius relaxes his feet on the table in front of him, absentminded of the white light.

Bael looks at Magnius and sees what he's doing, "Hey! Give out the order to ground all civilian wyverns in the airspace right away!"