Chapter 5

Rosaline Gray POV

It's Kyng. Kyng f***ing Wolff. The sole heir of a multi billion dollars worth empire of none other than Dylan Astor Wolff. My enemy.

He's the son of that man who destroyed my family. The son, who also shattered my whole life into pieces. It's like a nightmare come true.

I've encountered him many times when my dad had his job. We even studied in the same school until everything was ruined by them.

Kyng himself was nowhere different from his father, in fact he's worse.

He was a devil in the mask of a saint.

Kyng was the biggest hoaxer and a ruthless man. He had mastered the deception so well that he can even manage to convince you that the truth might also be a lie.

Only a few people, as in his victims, knew his arrogance and cruelty had no bounds. Kyng changes his demeanor with a smile in front of everyone but I know he's void inside.

The terrifying hollowness. The dark abyss.

Now I understand. It was all an act. Whatever he said to Mrs Williams till now was one of his acts, one of his deluding masks.

He was an inscrutable mystifying alpha in business industries.

I've heard a lot of rumours about him and most of them are negative. He was cunning and shrewd, always a step ahead of everyone else.

My petrified eyes followed Kyng. I knew how he looked even though I hadn't encountered him since that incident, almost like 8 years ago.

His face and his physique was on the television on any news channel, or the internet, or the colleague talking about him.

Kyng has grown into a fine young man now. Goddamn it, he even looks a hell of a lot better than I do.

Tall, above 6 ft. His jawline, so pronounced and sharp. His nose straight, cheekbones wide, his face way too symmetrical as if it were sculpted by a Greek god.

He ran his fingers through his silky raven hair, the muscles of his arm bulging out from his satin black shirt's sleeve. The shirt hugged every inch of his lean muscular body.

Mrs Williams was chucking and giggling as she walked along Kyng. F***. So this exotic resort belongs to Kyng?

The Reed design was given a contract from none other than the WOLFF enterprises?

My breath shortens, the flickering images that had faded with age crashes back in my head.

The cries. The shouts. The horror. Everything was flashing back in.

My hands couldn't stop trembling as I picked up the fallen drafts, dread consuming me.

I was in a lion's den.

My limbs and my lungs fail me. I can't even open my mouth and breathe. This was a total endgame for me.

Run Rosaline.

They found you and will end you.

F***ing run.

Panic smothered my brain, fear dwelling in. I lived for 7 years. No one knows me. As in no f***ing one.

My body couldn't stop shaking profusely as my trembling limbs carried me. My heart beating in unison with the steps I took towards the exit. Haunted memories that had scarred my brain were returning.

It can't be. The pain, the ordeal, the suffering seems to rebound back to the hell hound's loop. The Wolff's loop.

The heart beat rates to dangerous rhythm, like a war has already started.