Balancing love and work

Owen's P.O.V.

'Okay. So, I need to -' I was checking the list of all the things that I need to do When suddenly I felt someone's breath on my neck.

"Hey!" he spoke in my right ear. I got goosebumps because of the feel of his breath on my skin. I was surprised and scared. I jumped and took a defensive stan ready to punch his face instinctively.

But I was even more surprised when I saw his face. It was Jason. "Hey!" I said as my nerves relaxed.

"What are you doing?" he asked me. Looking into my eyes he narrowed his and he was smirking. He is flirting, isn't he?

"Working!" I said rolling my eyes. Like don't you know this is my workplace? I was trying to tease him.

He smiled so brightly that my heart melt. But then suddenly his jaw dropped to the ground and his eyes popped. What is he thinking?

"Owen!" Ben one of the workers here called me. And I saw Jason's eyes change. Is he surprised or angry? I could not figure it out.

"Yes, Ben."

"We just got the delivery for the curtains. Could you please check them?" Ben said. He is twenty-five something and he is always cheerful. He works with his father, his father owns a showroom for furniture and has so many workers working in his workshop. They are really famous for their unique designs.

His father wants him to take the family business but he also wants him to start from the bottom. So, his father works the shit out of him. He is currently working with the carpenters in the villa. He is always energetic even though he works so hard. He has the best smile I've seen. When he smiles his eyes almost close and he has one dimple on the left cheek. He looks like a puppy when he smiles.

"I'll be there in a minute!" I replied to Ben. "Okay, gotta go now," I say to Jason.

"Wait! Do you maybe wanna have lunch with me?" He stopped me as I started to walk.

"Um... I'm really busy now." I saw his face fall.

"No...No...It's all right. I understand." He said faking a smile.

"So, How about we go to the café. It's close by." His face lit up as soon as I spoke it.

"SURE" he was excited.

"Okay. Let me know when you are done. We'll go then." I added before going to Ben.

"Dude. How long do I have to wait! It has been ages since we've been with our mate." Vlad said as I walk to the pile of boxes.

"You know I'm not enjoying being away with him either. But I am busy." I am irritated with him now. He has been bugging me since I got busy with work. He wants to spend every second of the day with our mate. And stress because of all this work is not helping either. It's not like I like being away with him. And I did try to meet up with him but something always came up.

"Oh please. Everyone is busy. It's all about priority. You are prioritizing your work over him. That's just not fair." He replied. And I felt hurt because I felt it was kind of true. I should take some time to be with him. I tried to but whenever I had time it was always late at night and I always thought that he might be tired because let's face it he works hard all day long and I don't want to deprive him of sleep.

But I also hate, being away from him. I never thought I'd get used to him so much in so little time. It's like every time I have a moment to breathe, he crosses my mind.

"You know he is busy too. We can't always have things our way." I said. "Just give me a week. It all will be over now and we can spend time with him." I added.

"You are just saying it. You will get busy with other homes when you are done with this one." Vlad was sad.

"No, I won't, and even if they give me another home, I won't work this hard on it." I was telling the truth. "You know why I'm working this hard on this house, right? It's Jason's place." I added.

Vlad did not say anything after that and I started to check all the curtains we received.

I was almost done with the curtains when Jason came. "Okay, I'm all done." He said.

"Just give me five minutes. I'm almost done with this." I replied and finished everything in a few minutes.

"Let's go," I said to Jason.

"Should we take the car?" he asked.

"No, it's very close. Let's just walk there."

"Okay." And we both walked to the café. We were talking the entire way and the entire time we were in the café. Both of us had to share so much because we didn't see each other much. Like Jason shared how things were going pretty good on the merger with the blue moon pack. And how he plans to settle all their members in the town. And this new program he planned for the high school students to help them in physical training.

I on the other hand was sharing the work I did, the challenges I faced and the Ideas I had. I also shared some funny incidents that happened while I was working. Ad before I knew half an hour had passed.

"I'm sorry. I have to go now." I said. I wish I could stay for longer.

"It's alright. I really enjoyed spending time with you." He replied with a genuine smile.

"Okay, um... bye," I said as I stood up.

"Bye."

And I walked out of the café followed by Jason. I was walking to the villa and Jason went in the opposite direction. But on the way I texted him.

'Hey

I'll be done with the work in a week.

How about we go on a date after that?'

He saw the messages in a second and replied.

'I'd love to

Let's go.'

I am already missing him. I wish I could see him again right now.

Author's note:

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

I never knew Owen liked Jason this much. Well, I knew that they were mates but I just can't put  it in words how I'm feeling seeing this side of Owen. 

I really hope things keep working out between them. And and and we might get to see another date! I can't wait to see what is going to happen on this date.

Also, this Ben guy...sounds like a total hottie. well,  I'm not drooling, I'm just saying that he seems nice.

So, that's it for this week folks. I hope you enjoyed it. 

vote share and comment.

Love you all. See you next week.