Chapter 49

Chapter 49: Prelude to Finale

      The dinner in the duelist kingdom was spent eating his dinner in the guest room. It was all over like Risa's terrifying punch again or maybe it was the fault of the original owner's sickly body that Tokio started to feel unwell after the events that happened to him.

It was terrible for Tokio to end up having a fever again. After learning that Tokio ended up having a fever Pegasus could only feel amusement and disbelief at the same time.

He then sent his right-hand man Croquet to assist Tokio with his troubles. When the morning came, Tokio didn't feel slightly better. It was just the noon came that his fever has slightly alleviated.

When the noon came, one of the guards sent him the food and advise him to not come out of his room as ordered by Pegasus.

Tokio nodded his head and stayed inside the guest room. They must be already dealing with trouble known as 'Kaiba'. Tokio has no plan of getting himself involved in the trouble.

He doesn't want to end up getting held as a hostage or a gunpoint by Kaiba. That must be why Mr. Croquet is missing as he was currently being held in one of the guest rooms here in the annex.

Tokio mostly stayed inside his designated room in the Pegasus Castle from noon to near sunset. He focuses on getting better and thinking of possible candidates who could pull him into a shadow duel.

The least possible candidates for him are Yami Bakura and Marik Ishtar.

Tokio wouldn't simply ask those two people.

The not viable options right now are Shadi and Ishizu Ishtar. For Shadi, Tokio doesn't know where the guys wander around. For Ishizu, she was in Egypt right now.

The only viable and available options right now for Tokio are Pegasus who was currently the villain of the story right now and Yugi who certainly kept on his promises.

While Tokio was worrying about who would be the possible candidates, the best possible time, and things that he need in case he go to the Shadowlands, there was a knock on the door.

" Mister Akai, the other duelists are already entering the castle, the problem earlier is already resolved, Pegasus-sama states that you can come to the duel arena right now. "

Tokio was surprised to hear Croquet's voice. Looks like the problem is already resolved or still ongoing. Leaving the backpack in the guest room, Tokio carried his 40 cards deck with him on his deck holder that was attached to his belt. He arranged his black cap and unbuttoned the black jacket.

Tokio opened the door and replied.

[ I'm glad to see you safe and sound Mr. Croquet. ]

" Oh? It was as Mr. Pegasus have said. You are an interesting individual Mr. Akai. "

Tokio followed Croquet to the Duel Arena. He was guided to the second floor where the 'audience' is supposed to stay. There were chairs, a table, and a tea set prepared for him.

Tokio's eyes widened when he saw Kaiba and Tokio at the duel arena even though he already knows that was supposed to happen. Then, he was more surprised when not just bandit Keith arrived on the second floor. Tokio saw some familiar faces.

" What? Tch, it seems that I am not the first here. "

Bandit Keith looks at Tokio with an irritated expression.

" Old man, could you keep your mouth shut off, you're annoying. "

" You little bitch! "

The so-called 'little bitch' smiled cruelly.