Care: 25

The lights. The noises. The wails. The screams. The darkness.

The emptiness...

Everything felt too real.

Seungmin only saw black. The perpetuant pulse radiating from his right arm. The constant throbs of his body, aching with immeasurable amounts of pain. The creeping feeling of dread clouding his mind as his thoughts raced with fervent uncertainty. Why am I here?

The question was simple. Why was Seungmin here, Alive.

The image replayed in his head of staring at his bright light as pops soon pierce through his skin, collapsing to the ground.

His last moments of consciousness were plagued with the image of Chan.

Chan

All he wanted right now was to see Chan. His one sole reason for his being. His final piece to his puzzle. The warmth and guidance to life was all led by Chan.

The room falls still as his mind begins to be conscious of his surroundings. The slight in the air conditioning. The beeps of a machine next to him. Even the distant footsteps that occasionally pass by.

The footsteps get closer as the door creaks open.

Seungmin musters the strength to finally open his eyes. The bright lights of the hospital room irritates him as the hospital gown he is in becomes uncomfortable.

He glances around the room for a bit before settling his eyes on the nurse that is carrying a tray of medications that are all unrecognizable. Feeling her approach causes Seungmin to tense up and tighten his jaw as the nurse softly sits in the chair next to Seungmin's bed.

A million questions are circling in Seungmin's mind. Who is this person? Where are the other members? Are they all okay? Why is nobody here? Why am I here?

Ah. That question again. It may be obvious that he is in a hospital but why was he there in the first place.

Feeling the dread beginning to pool in his stomach messes with his adrenaline enticing him to sit up in the bed. Oh what a big mistake that was.

Pins and needles spike into his skin as pain seeps all the way down from his abdomen to his spine.

The nurse jolts at his sudden movement and says random cautions that Seungmin tunes out due to the pain coursing through his fragile body.

The pain never seems to leave even as he lies still. He stifles his scream into a hiss as his eyes return to the nurse whose face is littered with a displeased look.

"I really need you to calm down Seungmin." Her tone is soft and gentle as she lays the tray she was holding on a counter, resting one of her hands on his forehead to ease his worry.

Seungmin physically relaxes his body but his mind is still filled with uncertainty as the nurse begins to check the medications she brought.

To keep his mind busy, Seungmin begins to really take in the surroundings of the room. He takes in account of the flowers left on one of the the couches by the side of the room, the IV that is attached to his arm, the TV that is playing a random news channel that is currently covering a scandal of a famous actress, and the plethora of bandages that covered his body from head to toe.

"Seungmin." Seungmin shot his head towards the nurse, cursing under his breath as the pain spiked from his sudden movement.

"I need to give you some medication, so if you would please let me know if anything is bothering you or makes you uncomfortable," The nurse began to move to the first medication that looked to be a pill and raised it to Seungmin's mouth.

Before the pill reached Seungmin's mouth, he finally decided now would be the time to finally find out why the fuck he is here.

"Excuse me? Um." Seungmin caught the attention of the nurse before continuing. "I know you are just doing everything to help me right now, but would you please explain to me why I am here right now?" Seungmin's expression dropped to where his face resided with a look of innocence and confusion that befuddled each other into a state of disarray.

"Oh... Of course." The nurse's tone fell flat. Her eyes turned down as she wore the expression of grief on her face.

"Well, I should probably ask how much do you know, Seungmin?"

Seungmin paused for a bit before speaking, "The last thing I remember is hanging out with the rest of my group mates before hearing pops where I then fell to the ground and lost consciousness."

The nurse nodded and began to speak, "Okay, so-" Before she could continue the TV began displaying a news report on Stray Kids.

Catching both of their attentions, the nurse highered the volume of the TV as the anchor began to report.

"In other news, the group, Stray Kids, have been put on an indefinite hiatus as 3 members of the group have been injured due to an attack near the Han River. The members in question are Seo Changbin, Lee Minho, and Kim Seungmin. The suspect has been captured and is in custody as the crime scene is under investigation." Seungmin tore his eyes from the TV and asked the nurse if he could look at his phone. The nurse quickly nodded and handed the phone over where Seungmin started to read over case files released to the public about the incident.

Seungmin found the message the company sent out via their official Twitter and began to read the messages.

Hello STAYs. We regret to inform you that the group, Stray Kids, will be placed on an indefinite hiatus as several members were involved in an incident that took place at the Han River two days ago. Three of the members were injured and one is in intensive care. We care deeply about the well-being and recovery of the members and have cancelled any further promotions, activities, and schedules to allocate adequate time for proper healing.

Thank you of understanding STAYs.

-JYP

Comments:

"What!!!?"

"WHO DID THSI TO MY BOIS 🔪🔪🔪"

"Wait who were all injured"

"NOOOOO MINHO AND CHANGBIN 😭😭😭"

"guess that's one way to get rid of the weak link. praying for your recovery lee know and changbin 🙏🙏"

"this is so fucked"

"This seemed preventable 🤨"

"this is terrible i hope everyone in the group is recovering well"

"bro how did this even happen? where is the security team when they are in public?"

"lee know and changbin need to recover"

"why are these commenters seungmin antis"

"dumbass probably did something stupid to get shot 🙄🙄"

"🙏"

"hope sevngm!n doesn't fully recover so we can have the ultimate group of 7 members"

"GET BETTER SOON PLEEEEASE"

"they don't deserve this 😭😭🙏🙏"