Chapter 42. The Qutus Ball

Harry' POV

I woke up. It was the day of the Qutus Ball. The ball started at 7 o'clock in the evening, and ended at midnight. 

I shot up and glanced at Ron, who (RON'S FAVOURITE PHARSE) was awake. 

"Ron." 

He glanced at me.

"You going with Hermione?" 

He mumbled a vague 'Yes'.

"Let's get ready."

Nobody's POV

Hermione and Hannah headed to Luna's shop, chattering animatedly. Luna welcomed them with a smile.

"Come in; this place is Nargle and Wrackspurt free." She winked.

They smiled and bounded in. 

"Okay, so Hermione! Behold!" Luna wheeled a dress in. 

The dress was elegant

The dress was elegant. It was sleeveless, but the gown completed the look flawlessly. The dress edges were puffed, creating a regal aesthetic that totally summed up Hermione.

"So?" Luna prompted. 

"Wow." Hermione said. "Wow." 

Hannah was speechless. It was very beautiful.

"And Hannah." Luna bustled into her room and wheeled out another masterpiece:

" Luna bustled into her room and wheeled out another masterpiece:

The princess gown was stunning. The flowery torso was perfectly embroidered, and the cute sleeves pretty much rounded up the whole thing gorgeously. 

Luna broke the silence.

"Do you like it?"

"It's- wonderful." Hannah breathed.

"And I've got matching shoes." Luna smiled. She went off and cam back grasping two pairs of shoes, the red ones velvet, the yellow ones satin. "And I've got hairstyles, but they're just for reference.

For Hermione she had bundled the brown wig into a regal bun, braided and tucked with diamonds.

For Hannah she had plaited the wig into a long braid, tucked with tiny flowers.

"Now you' re all set. Take these-" Luna pushed a bundle of smart dress suits into the girls arms. "Bye!" 

Harry's POV

I nervously paced the common room. Ron's face was ashen grey. 

"It's okay." I said. 

"What if I mess this up? Like last time..." his voice tailed away. My heart started to thump. What if I messed this up? Our relationship...it would be broken.

Then Hermione cam down, and it promptly did an OBLIVIATE on me.

Her hair was bundled into a regal bun, with a few natural curls framing her face stunningly. Her dress was well- stunning. 

"Hermione." Ron breathed. His pale cheeks were flooded with colour. Hermione smiled.

"Do I look nice?" Without waiting for Ron to answer, she raised her head and kissed him.

Very nice. 

I headed down the stairs along with Ron, who kept grinning and looking like he drank twenty bottles of butterbeer. I was soon joined by Neville, who looked shocked to have Hannah as a date. I had to admit- those dresses were pretty *heart eyes*.

I went down the stairs to see a huge group of boys surrounding a girl, yet I couldn't see Luna. Curiously, I pushed through the crowd of heart-eyed men. And then I saw-

I pinched myself hard to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 

I saw-

Luna. 

Yet she wasn't with her straggly blonde hair and weird clothes. 

She was wearing a stunning pink ball gown, beautifully styled

She was wearing a stunning pink ball gown, beautifully styled. Her blonde hair swept past her shoulders, now styled into a gorgeous waterfall braid. Her face was naturally pretty, and added with a subtle layer of makeup— she looked an angel. Boys clustered around her, leaving a couple of disgruntled girls sitting on benches glaring at Luna. 

I hurried forwards.

"Hello Harry." She smiled at me. "You look very handsome." 

"Hello Luna." I breathed, searching in my mind what word could properly express how beautiful she was. There was none, so I settled for: "You look lovely." 

She laughed. "I'm still Luna on the inside, Harry. And I still believe in Crumple-Horned-Snornacks." 

I grinned at her, and I bowed. 

"May I have the pleasure of doing this dance?" 

"You may." 

We waltzed all over to the middle of the great hall, where hundreds of eyes spied us dancing. Ron and Hermione soon joined, then it was Neville and Hannah, Cho and Roger Davies, Draco dancing with his mother. Lucius watched from a distance, smiling. 

It was our last day of peace, till our days tore open.

A/N I hoped you liked it! The dresses were gorgeous. Cheers, Luna :)