Chapter- 17 event

Karthik's POV

As usual, I woke up early but waited for her to wake up as then only I will get my morning forehead kiss.

She is very beautiful, sleeping on my chest like a baby. I closed my eyes when she shuffled in her sleep. As expected, she woke up lazily and stretched her arms, then ruffled my already messy hair and kissed me on the forehead.

I opened my eyes when I heard the door sound, which told me she went to the gym, and touched the place where she kissed me as a smile peaked on my lips.

After a few minutes, I also went to the gym and found her sitting on the mat with closed eyes while taking deep breaths.

"Good morning, Karthik," she greeted me sweetly, as she saw me after opening her eyes.

"Good morning, Megha," I gave her a small smile, which made her smile wide.

We both walked to our room after completing the exercise.

When she was about to enter the bathroom to take a shower, I got in and closed the door. I do this daily to tease her because she looks cute when she gets angry.

"Karthik, if you do this again, then I will...," she shouted, banging the door.

"What will you do then?" I opened the door a little and asked her from inside, peeking out.

"I will just lock the door and will stop the water flow to the washroom," she warned, glaring at me.

Her cute threat again. Aww, I want to pull her cheeks now.

"Really?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Try me," she raised her eyebrow.

"Ok then, will see next time for now. Wait here until I take a shower," I teased her and closed the door.

She sighed, waiting for me.

***

"Sir, it's time to go to the party, which is organized by Mr. Deepak," Bhushan informed me as he entered my office.

"Ok, we can leave in 15 minutes," I said and closed the file which I was reading.

I have a room attached to my office and all the necessary items are there for me, so I simply got changed in the room and went to the business party.

Usually, Arjun will attend these types of events with Bhushan or with his Assistant but today he has another meeting with a client, so here I am in a sulky mood going to the party.

I just entered and these media and paparazzi were not allowing me to go in. Security was stopping them, but still they were asking some questions, putting their cameras on my face.

When I reached the red carpet, I gave them a few answers for their questions related to my business, ignoring the personal questions, then walked in.

It's just 20 minutes but I am getting bored already. I am tired of witnessing people's fake smiles. They are not even giving me a few minutes to breathe.

"Bhushan, I don't want to talk to anyone, so take care of those who came to me," I said to Bhushan, and he nodded.

Few people came to meet me but Bhushan wisely answered and sent them back. After looking at these fake smiles, I am just wondering how my wife can smile that genuinely.

She smiles at everyone from maids to watchman, from driver to business partner. Whenever she smiles at me, that is different from others.

Every day I go home after work, she smiles at me and asks me how my day was... taking all my stress away. When she smiles at me, her eyes shine like stars.