🏮52. Illusions

Amber held her breath while thinking fondly of her beautiful Ena and Fluffy, when suddenly she was enclosed in a warm yellow glow of light. Jessera suddenly turned her head up towards Amber's direction, squinting her eyes while looking at her. Amber's heart dropped in fear. Amber was very clear about this particular character, since she had been one of her favorites.

As fast as lightning, Jessera's hand shot out from the pocket of her wrapped, knee length, dark brown dress. Her dress was tied together with a dark green sash and she had matching green leggings underneath. Brown flats were securely on her feet. Jessera's shoes were enchanted so that she could walk where she normally shouldn't be able to.

In her hand was a metal fan that flashed open. Amber closed in on herself, trying to take up as little space as possible, just as a tree directly beside her was sliced clean through by a gust of wind.

The cut was so smooth that it took a moment for the top of the tree to start sliding along the trunk. Just as it was about to loudly crash down below, Jessera quickly moved her fan in several different angles, rapidly firing multiple blades of wind. The tree trunk burst into smaller pieces of wood, floating on the air until the tree turned into a fine powder and floated away. Then Jessera made quick work of the rest of that tree.

The only thing you could hear was a strong wind blowing through the trees. There weren't the typical sounds of wood being cut. Neither were the other trees damaged in any way. When Jessera was done slicing up the tree, the wind died down into nothingness.

Jessera frowned while staring, but there was no indication that she saw anyone there. Amber stayed perfectly still.

"Hmm," Jessera said to herself, then shrugged her shoulders, and pulled out a thin white tube.

She pushed a button on the side of the tube and it expanded upwards until it was double her height. As it stopped lengthening, the top half of the tube shot out to resemble a large white umbrella. While the bottom of the tube curved around like the handle of an upside down cane. She flicked her hand at the umbrella and it started to levitate. Then she sat down on the curved bottom. She flicked her hand again and the umbrella lifted her up into the air. It wasn't until Jessera flew off, that Amber breathed deeply, and realized just how tense she had been.

Then Amber felt a strong stinging pain coming from the side of her hand, between her pointer finger, and her thumb. When she looked down, there was a tiny pixie with long blond hair and big golden eyes staring up at her. Her skin was a light golden brown and she had a cute little nose. She was wearing a yellow sundress. She had little feathered yellow wings.

Amber's heart would have melted in that instant, if this cute little pixie hadn't been biting the sensitive and fleshy part of her hand! It looked up at Amber with innocent big golden eyes in its delicate face. It looked up while fluttering its long blond eyelashes at Amber. Amber's face remained natural, as she curled her fingers around the offending pixie, and squeezed her hand into a fist.

Amber's flesh was released from the Pixie's mouth with a pop, while the pixie gasped in shock.

[Hey! Is that any way to treat your rescuer? That hurts. Release me!]

Startled, Amber loosened her grip. Then she quickly tightened it again, just as the little pixie was slipping out of her grasp.

The little pixie poofed out her cheeks like a tiny puffer fish and crossed it's arms above the top of Amber's hand. Her light golden skin turned a pinkish hue while she held her breath.

[Release me this instant!] She yelled into Amber's mind. She balled up her fists and tried to beat up Amber's thumb.

"Pfft!" Amber couldn't hold back a chuckle while watching the little Pixie battle with her thumb and completely losing. Thumb wins!