Seaside Killer

-GUN Under Water HQ-
Shadow's gears in his head turned like a complex machine trying to rule out any possible places Mephiles would turn up.

"There's no saying what his ultimate goal is now that he's just escaped, I haven't the slightest clue where to look." Shadow growled pacing the floor, Omega tracked him with his sensory cameras.
"Shadow, phone call from Soleana kingdom." A member of the medical team brought a phone to the hedgehog.
"Shadow speaking." He put it to his ear.
"Dad! It's me Silver!"
"Hey."
"Listen the guards in the castle just found the Queen and King dead in their bed room, looked to be suffocated."
Mephiles....
"Where are you now?" Shadow asked.
"I'm outside the gates of the castle they won't let anybody in." Silver answered.
"Stay right where you are, don't move! Omega and I am on the way got it!" Shadow ordered.
"Okay." Silver answered while giving a nod. They both hung up the phone, Shadow explained their destination to Omega and promptly left for the Soleana kingdom.

-Mephiles pov-
I've left my trail behind through my victims. The poison in the air vents at GUN was just a wake up call, like poking at a hornets nest with a stick, or stirring up an ant hill. I know the pathetic Commander already has his 'guard dog' on my trail, and that's exactly what I want.

Silver has already confirmed Elise's death, follow the bread crumb trail Shadow... Follow it to your death! Ahaha!! Your next piece of bread might be a little...'soggy'. He he he.

-Sea Side Hill-
The majestic ruins of the ancient sea palace stood still tall and firm poking out from the water that had covered most of it's structure. The night still young after the horrible tragedy of the Queen and her family dying.
"Sonic." Tails yawned, "Shouldn't we get some rest?"
"I told you to stay at home." Sonic grumbled jumping in the air and bouncing on a mech-crab.
"Well, I don't want to be alone! G.U.N down and switching head quarters, the royal family of Soleana murdered. What's going on??" Tails followed after his blue companion.
"I don't know, that's why I'm out here, to think about it. You know G.U.N doesn't tell the public EVERYTHING. They don't want to start a world wide panic." Sonic explained.
"You think they're hiding something?" Tails asked flying by his side as they reached a peak over looking the water surrounding down below. The crescent moon lit the dark waves surface but kept the deep waters dark and a mystery.
"Most definitely." Sonic said coming to a stop taking a breath and gaze at the scenery. Tails landed on his feet looking up at the moon and all the stars in the sky twinkling and shining.
"You look real tired buddy." Sonic glanced down at Tails' eyes looking up at the sky starting to get heavy.
"Why don't we sleep here tonight?" Sonic smiled turning to face the kid fox.
"Here!?" Tails' eyes jumped open.
"Yeah sure! It'll be like old times remember? Just you and me in the 'wild' and where ever we kicked off our shoes was home. Like camping." Sonic lowered himself and sat on the ground patting the thick grassy spot next to him.
Tails smiled remembering the days where Sonic had still been a kid himself and always moving from place to place not owning a house himself. Even then, as long as Sonic was by his side squatting under a bush for the night felt just as good as being in a real home. Tails took the spot next to the hedgehog and rested on his shoulder with another yawn, "Sonic..." He mumbled.
"Yeah Tails?" Sonic answered in a soft purr.
"You'll take watch while I'm sleeping... Right?" He asked almost half asleep already.
"Sure." He nodded watching as Tails curl up in a tight ball by his side his two full tails wrapped around him like a blanket.

The time slowly trickled by the little fox's snores mixed in with the sound of the ocean waves and whales calling. Something dark and smoky caught Sonic's eye. It moved among the stillness and crept it's way onto the grass, as the wind blew in a light breeze the dark smoke seemed to dance and swirl on the ground. Sonic stood up his curiosity peeked and he had to investigate. He got closer inches away and his quills began to spike. Every inch of his body was telling him what ever this cloud of gray was, it wasn't good at all, and he should run. But it captured his eyes the smoke like a fine mist swirled around the ground coming closer and began to pool at his feet. The grass the smoke had moved upon had dried and become brown and yellow wilting almost to dust. After seeing the grass dried and dead Sonic was certain that not only himself but Tails needed to get as far away as possible.