Gil Pt. 1

I hate Ares. Salmon are fine, I guess but Ares just annoys me so much. He acts like I can't do anything. I'd like to see him fight a wither alone.

But his cousin Ruby stops me from attacking him. Her presence is commanding. And if I did attack Ares she would probably hate me. I know that Ares sabotaged her potion. His fingers were golden. I just really hate him.

Now I'm worried about Enoki. He was kind, sometimes. He was accepting. Yes. That's the right word. And that gives me a reason to worry. I waited in bed until I heard my dad step into his room to sleep. Then I jumped out of bed and pulled on my boots. I shoved my sword into my pocket and grabbed some potatoes.

First I made a pit stop at Mythland to wake Wilder. He was actually a good friend even though their fathers hated each other back then. I parkoured up to his window and pried it open.

"Wilder," I whispered. Tip-toeing, I stepped onto his floor and over to his bed. I quietly shook him awake.

"Gil? Is that you? I didn't know you were the face of the angel sent from heaven." He said groggily. What in the world. Wilder has some weird dreams.

"No you idiot. I'm no angel to you. Wake up." Wilder shot awake.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

I sighed and answered, "I need your tracking experience to find Enoki. Let's go." Wilder got ready as if nothing serious we're happening. Then he walked to his door instead of the window. 

"What are you doing? The window's right here." I asked.

"It's safer to go out the front door."

"Since when we're you into safety?"

"Good. You passed the test." Wilder took a running leap out the window and snagged a tree branch with his arm. He swung onto it and waited for me to continue. I followed his steps up until I snagged the ledge with my foot and took a turn down instead of up. 

Thinking fast I kicked off the walls and helplessly wrapped my arms around the trunk. I slowly scooted down the tree. Wilder jumped off and snagged another branch, one after another until he was on the ground.

"Nice jump," he said. I gave him an evil glare. I forgot my elytra. Dang it. Wilder also forgot his. I guess we would be walking. I started to walk then broke into a run. Wilder ran softly behind me. It was silent night.

We passed through Gilded Helianthia and then the outer reaches of House Blossom. Wilder took the lead on the Rainbow Road to Rivendell. As we passed the Rivendell Palace I saw Crystal staring out the window. I don't think she saw me. I steered us towards the jungle to avoid Ares and the Grimlands. Finally, after what felt like hours of walking, we made it to the Undergrove.

"Remind me to bring my elytra next time," I wheezed.

"Don't worry. We still have to walk back. SKELETON!" I turned quickly and slash the skeleton to a pile of bones with my sword. 

"Great. Now the entire forest know we're here." I pushed him over to the Mushroom Castle and looked through the window on the blue. I didn't see Enoki in his bed. Wilder signaled for me to follow him. He sprinkled some dust on the ground which sparkled in the moonlight. It highlighted some blue tracks.

We followed the tracks all the way to a hill with a large hole in the ground. Wilder and I looked at each other, both of us thinking the same thing. This was strange. I spied water at the bottom of the hole but I didn't want to ruin the hole. It looked important. Instead I rock-climbed down, Wilder following me.

At the bottom we saw some nether trees, the blue one and the red one. In the center however, a circle of mushrooms was the main attraction. And in the middle was a body.

It was Enoki's. Why was he sleeping in a circle of mushrooms? Wilder and I exchanged a look of concern. We quickly ran away, afraid of waking Enoki. We were in his homeland, trespassing, after all. I took the lead at climbing the walls and quickly ran away. Once we were in the Lost Empire I took the chance to catch my breath.

"What was he doing?" Wilder asked.

"I don't gotta clue," I responded. We jogged back the way we came. Wilder swung up his tree and into his room. I waved at him then walked to my own empire. I walked into my room and pulled over my covers. Right before sleep, the question resurfaced.

What was Enoki doing?

————

Author's note: Word count:778. Jeez that's a lot of writing. Thanks for reading.