Chapter sixteen ¹⁶ | Crack!

Milo decides as he rushed over to Nick stopping him from going in saying panicked

Milo decides as he rushed over to Nick stopping him from going in saying panicked. Grabbing one of his shoulders comfortingly.

"Look I don't know what you're planning on doing but please wait like five minutes for me, okay? Just wait in the doorway and I'll be right back." Milo not waiting to hear what Nick's reply was as he rushed away towards where Charlie went.

Though while Milo had been convincing Nick to just stay put Charlie was walking in the car park only for Ben to interrupt him.

"Charlie. I saw you holding hands with them, with Nick and Milo. In the cinema. Are you going out with one of them then? Which one Nick or Milo?" Ben addressed nearly seething as he clenched his jaw waiting for Charlie's answer.

"No." Charlie responds wanting to say more but Ben was already talking again.

"But you're getting with one of them? Or both?" Ben accuses Charlie.

"No." Charlie responds again but Ben doesn't give him a chance to talk further.

"Don't lie. Well, I believe you're not going out with either one of them. As if anyone would want to go out with someone as desperate as you. Especially not him." Ben taunted Charlie, taking a step closer.

"You did." Charlie pointed out.

"Are you joking? You actually thought I liked you. You were just some tragic loser with barely any friends, who ate lunch alone and let bullies walk all over you. I never liked you. I just felt sorry for you. Plus you were friends with him." Ben rambled back, getting up in Charlie's space as he degraded him.

"I told you before that I wanted him. Milo. So I got with you first to see if he could be gay. I don't intend to just sit here and watch your pity attempts at trying to be with him by the way. You both aren't supposed to be together. Not even Nick and you. And definitely not all three of you, so remember that Charlie." Ben all but warned out.

"Hey!" Charlie and Ben nearly jumped at Milo's sudden yell as he ran up to them, making them take a few steps back from each other. Milo pushed his fringe out of his eyes looking at both of them worried.

"What's happening here? Charlie, you okay?" Milo asked, causing Ben to hold back a scoff and Charlie swallowing about to say something but his fathers voice called out to him asking if he was ready to go, in his car, getting the attention of all three teens.

"It's okay Charlie, you go home I'll... deal with this just go to bed early." Milo tried reassuring Charlie who looked frazzled and without thinking nods moving towards the car. Milo's right hand rested gently on Charlie's back soothingly for a few seconds when he passed by.

"Milo, you need a ride too?" Charlie's father asked with slight concern evident in his voice, causing Milo to shake his head with a sweet smile.

"No thanks Mr Spring I'm okay I already have someone picking me up." Milo politely declined the offer, his smile only dropping when they were out of sight. Charlie looking out the window at them suddenly got a bad feeling of leaving Milo there by himself but they were already out of sight now in a few seconds.