V

(Morning of December 31st)

~Natalie's P.O.V~
Christmas was fun and the surprise visit from Wolf few days before was well... a surprise. I'm glad that Ray and Wolf got the chance to meet again though there were some "unfinished discussion" but they managed to got over it. I did say that I wanted a much more favorable person so I guess I got what I wished.

Ray had asked about the flowers I gave him and I explained what the bouquet resembled him and Miss Freitag's friendship. He often talks about her and his late wife, Lina. He was a bit sad when he found out Frau von Osten remarried after his death. I tried to sympathize but Ray told me that I didn't have to. He said that he's happy that the fraulein was happy without him.

On celebrating New Year's, Darky and I usually just spend our time together while waiting for the fireworks in the shop. Sometimes Aunt Mag stopped by and she would take us out for the day. Now I don't know how to spend the day that Ray is here. "Hey, Ray..." I called. "Yes?". "What was Christmas and New Year's back in the day?" I decided to ask.

"We didn't celebrate Christmas back then." Said Ray then told me about the ritual Wolf invented. "But we definitely did celebrate New Year. It was the same as ever and you can probably guess how it went.". "I think I can." I gave my comment. "How was your Christmas?" I emphasized. Ray sighed a chuckle, "You already know about the Administrator's first party. There were some celebrations Lina and I did with her." And answered.

"How about yours?" he asked back and I answered, "I usually just spend the day with my sister and a friend of ours would stop by once in a while." I added that sometimes Aunt Mag would stop by too. Ray then asked what I wanted to do this year and I told him that I'm fine if both of us want to exchange stories for the entire day.

Both of us then heard a knock on the door and I asked if Ray wanted to answer it this time. He said that I should open it and I did and I fell backwards again. "NATALIE!!!" three voices called me in unison. I stood up in annoyance, "I swear I will punch the next person who'll do that to me again.". "Sorry, bud." I heard a chuckle.

"Are you alright?" Ray came over and asked. "I'm fine." I answered and introduced the surprise guests, "These are my friends, Andrew Connelly, Mika Takahashi, and my supervisor, Adrien Blackwater." I looked at the three and their jaws were touching the floor. I asked them if they want to "identify" my roommate. "On three..." said Andrew and on the count of three, they said in unison, "Reinhard Heydrich!". "Erich Raeder!" but Andrew himself got it wrong.

Adrien corrected him that it is Reinhard Heydrich and Andrew finally realized it. "It is a pleasure to meet you three." Said Ray to the three. Mika complained in Japanese, asking why I always end up like this. "It's only the third time. Not every time." I corrected her. "But seriously though..." Andrew chimed in.

"Like Mika said... how are you so lucky?" I shrugged by lifting my shoulders at his question and Andrew shook his head. He then changed the question, asking where I was at Christmas and I told him I was celebrating it at home. "You were? Then why didn't you pick up?" asked Mika. I completely forgot about the invitation! I immediately made an excuse that my phone was off the entire day and Ray chuckled at my excuse.

The three already knew my excuses are sometimes aren't that good but they let it slide. "Come in, you guys!" I almost forgot that too and the three went in. "Are you not going or do anything?" Mika asked. I told her that Ray and I were exchanging stories before they came barging in. "The name you gave the Obergruppenführer is 'Ray'?" Adrien asked and I nodded. "That's much closer than what you gave to the Reichsführer." He replied.

"Didn't you saw him the other day?" Andrew asked Adrien and I cut him off, "Wait what? Wolf is still in town?" I was surprised to know. "Yeah, Kuromizu saw him the other day." Mika answered. She added that Adrien didn't come up to Wolf out of embarrassment. I chuckled, "That's alright, boss."

"Back to Mika's question... Ray and I were just telling each other stories." I brought back the topic. Andrew threw a sarcasm, saying that it's boring and I countered how he got a job in the library when it's boring. "Shut up, Midnight..." I laughed at the old nickname. "Speaking of midnight... the three of us agreed to celebrate New Year's at your place!" said Adrien.

"But first..." Mika then pulled me and Ray outside and Andrew threw my purse at me. "Hey!". "It's okay." I reassured Ray that this is what the four of us usually do. The three of them then pulled me and Ray to our favorite spots in town. We went to the Wencelas Square first, Mika's favorite spot and showing Ray the modern parts of the city. All five of us took a group photo when we found a photobooth. I hope Andrew, Adrien and Mika aren't pulling another prank on me.

The five of us then went to the Old Town Square to change the view. Adrien loves this old square and Ray told us how it was when he conquered the capital. I paid full attention to the story and Andrew managed to buy a carton of beer for later. The last place we went was the bridge. My go-to place when I usually clear my head. Why did they have to take us here? "And whose favorite spot is this?" Ray asked and the three answered in unison, "Natalie's."

Ray curiously looked at me and I avoided eye contact. Mika told Ray that I often come here and take a boat ride when it's available. "Mika!" I shouted in embarrassment. "That sounds nice." Said Ray with a smile. I started to blush and the three picked up the signal. "Don't you three make any funny conclusions!" I warned them and they laughed it off.

We went to the Dancing House for dinner and went back to my place. It was thirty minutes before midnight. "Everything was different than I remembered." Said Ray. "It's been seventy years. What did you expect?" Andrew nonchalantly answered. "At least we know why Izumi refers you as a 'walking artifact'." Mika chimed in with a smile. "Entschuldigung?". "She meant me." I clarified Mika's name for me to Ray. He teased if that's how I got my nicknaming habit and I simply said no.

Ray then asked what the four of us usually do while waiting for the clock. "Do you still have your bass?" asked Adrien and I told him that I never threw it away. "I'll go get it..." I stood up and went to my room. I faintly heard Adrien explaining to Ray that the four of us do jam sessions. I went back with the bass, "This is what we do outside work." I said to Ray with a nervous chuckle. I set up the instrument and sat down while tuning it. "I-it's nothing much really.". "We do gigs on some nights." Andrew whispered to Ray.

"Why don't you play the rift you're most annoyed with?" Andrew threw a teasing smug at me and I countered with a smug, "Cue the music.". Mika pulled out her phone and played the song. I followed the melody and it's not that annoying but a bit embarrassing to have it play on speaker. Well... Ray did ask to see me play and these three leaked the surprise so might as well!

I finished playing and the four of them applauded. "Well! That was "Funx4"! and thanks for the music, Mika." I gave my thanks and the boys started bragging to Ray. "Alright, alright... cut it off, you two. Ray had asked for this." I broke it off and Mika giggled. The clock stroke midnight and we cracked open the beer while watching the fireworks.

A.N : Who doesn't like fireworks? If any of you do... well, can't really judge :/ I decided to put Eiichi Ohtaki's "Funx4" track since it's fun and cute also the names I use are purely coincidental if you guys have the same name. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter and I'll see you in the next one! RD out!! Boi!!!