II. Boobies

Two

Two.         Boobies

     Steve Harrington didn't really hate a lot of things, he was a pretty simple guy

   A bag of chips made him happy on an off day.

   One thing he really despised though was closing up Family Video. Robin had band practice, so, he was here alone today. And he had a total of six minutes left before it hit eleven thirty, he was tempted to just close the store now. It was dead empty to be fair. But, there's always that small chance someone could just walk in—

Ring!

    Barf. Kill me now, man! Fuck..

    Steve's entire face turned sour at the ringing bell above the front door, someone was actually here. Lord so help me—

   The boy pushed himself from his slouching position against the counter, not even paying mind to the souls that had just walked in. He was looking down at his high tops, gently clearing his throat. It was girls, he could hear their giggles the moment they had walked in. "Hi, ladies, just to let you know we're closing in five minutes. Thank you." He was still staring down at his shoes, today had been beyond bland. He just wanted to head home, eat some pizza.

   "Well, I'm sure you could keep it open just a few more minutes? Please? Y'know, with a cherry on top and whatnot?"

   And whatnot.

   Steve froze. His heart fluttered a couple a times, his rebooting system done. His head snapped up, meeting a pair of soft blue eyes and a star filled smile. The short brunette leaned into the counter on her hands, "hi, Stevie."

   God, bless the universe. It's Vera Elodie Stonem.

   A goofy smile pulled at his lips, "hi, sweet thing." His words were squeezed to death with love and admiration. It had Vera's chest warm and fuzzy. Her smile widened even more, leaning up on her tippy toes to press a kiss to the boys cheek. "I know it's late, but we just finished up at the Diner on Sixth. I got you waffle fries!"