Chapter 5 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

The job is not as easy as it seems. I already chose three dates for Axl this weekend and already have backups just in case he doesn't like them. Axl said he is not picky so I hope he can choose right away. They promised to transfer me to the admin department once he picked a boyfriend already as my main task will end.

It has been a week since I've been working under him. We never talked that much. My desk is just beside Ria. This floor is for executives so you won't see loitering staff here. Even Sir Aidan's office is here but it's always empty.

I am counting the times that Axl passed by our desks. It's the 16th time already. He keeps going to the pantry. Like what is in there?

I was applying my lip tint when Axl passed by again. "Ria, give him tasks. I think his job is too easy here."

"But, sir. He is not working for..."

Axl cut her off. "You can help Ria, right?" He asked me.

"Yes, sir." It was my break time for heaven's sake.

Axl returned to his office.

"Just act busy. Axl is a workaholic so maybe he is annoyed when he sees his staff not working." Ria whispered to me.

"Anyway, it's lunchtime already. I never saw Axl eating during lunch for almost a week now."

"You should know that it's your task. I am just in charge of the corporate work. Since you are his personal assistant, you should take care of his food too. Sir Axl will never ask for food. You will see Sir Nigel or Sir Riley coming here to send him lunch. But now that you are hired to be his assistant, maybe they are expecting you to do that." Ria told me.

I still have almost an hour before my lunch break ends. I went out to take out food from the restaurant on the first floor. I reviewed his information, and he is not allergic to anything and he doesn't have a specific preference when it comes to food.

I just ordered two sets of pasta and grilled chicken. I will just keep the receipt to have reimbursed his share.

I knocked on his door, and he asked me to come in.

"What?" He is staring at the paper bag I am holding.

"I noticed that you are not eating during lunch so I brought you food. Are you busy?"

"After a week, you just noticed it now?" He asked.

I unwrapped the lunch and place it on his desk. "Eat first. I heard from Ria that you will be busy later."

He was staring at me as I prepare his food on his desk.
"Can I set these documents aside first? Sir?"

Why is he not blinking at all? Is he okay?
"Sir?" I called him again.

"Get out now. I can manage here." He answered with his normal grumpy tone.

"Anyway, you have a date on Saturday with Ms. Lopez at six in the evening. I'll come with you just in case you need anything."

"I get it. Now, out!!!"

He can just ask me nicely, I wonder why he is always mad.

It was already 8 in the evening but Axl is still busy inside. Is he aware of the time? Ria had already gone home. I am not complaining since as per contract, when I am still in the office after six, I will be paid for overtime. It's not like I am busy here. I am just literally waiting for Axl. It's not right for me to go home before him.

I don't think he will finish anytime soon. I removed my contact lenses and took a nap. I always have my eyeglasses with me whenever my eyes get irritated. I have poor eyesight since I was a kid. It can be corrected, but I am scared to make it worse.